1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICEing Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by arishi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Well, I auditioned quite a lot of speakers before zeroing on the Focal & Auditors. To begin with I auditioned JBL, Hertz & Sony. JBL were the best amongst the three, Only grouse being, they were loud with good Boom but were not good for the high end frequencies, I felt missing quite a bit vocals with just the boom there. Hertz give you high end frequencies but were missing the boom effect. Sony were well quite worse amongst all the three. The next stop was the Bluapunkt Dealer. He showed me the THa series and Velocity series. THa were really good, but then at the same price you can get better brands so opted out of the THa Series. I liked the Blaupunkt Pnp Amps, very easy to install with just two specific cables needed. I did audition MTX and Rockford Fosgate, but Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio & MTX were pretty much out of my budget. In all these Focal made the most sense. I spend about a month and half to finaly decide on the Components I want to go with.

This was one of the factors that wanted me to change the speakers and then I thought of doing the complete upgrade. IMHO the Head unit is sufficiently capable of driving good speakers. If I may suggest, its better you decide how on your budget and what is it you are looking from the ICE setup before taking the task to get an upgrade done. The first step can be just replacing the factory fitted ones with a good pair of speakers. Later on you can think of the Sub and Amp, if you want to go whole 9 yards.
  2. Thanks Arvind - you were spot on..! :drinks and you should be out rocking with those.. :dancing
    Seeing the total cost that was required for a full blast change, I am not fiddling with that idea at present. Moreover, I am more inclined in making the best out of the current HU without adding a sub/amp. So, I would better work out options with a change of speakers alone, as suggested.

+ the sub does take out the space from boot, howmuch so ever- which I am badly against (even if the reality is that very few times I have the boot respectfully loaded :))) but those times does come and then I got no other option, you see...! )
    Anybody followed a minimalist approach here :mrgreen:
  3. If you are purely looking for Sound Quality then I would suggest you to go for Focal and Auditor combo. The Sound Quality goes up by leaps and bound. They work great on the complete sound spectrum. You will go :dance with just the speaker upgrade.

One point of caution here is if you really don't want to have sub in the car keep away from them during demo else you might end up changing your mind :mrgreen:
  4. Arvind , cool setup & strategically handpicked

next is ice on my mind ...Need some inputs from you to figure thick & thin

I already have done some splurging when i got my car done & being an audiophile sometimes i think theres
    enough room for more ...

5. :mrgreen:
    Thanks! dude, I would say take time to audition various brands and then decide whats best for your needs. Each Audiophile has a distinct taste, so go ahead and define what soothes you the most. Looking forward to your ICE thread pretty soon :mrgreen:
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its a different thing altogether after ICE upgrade.. The sound changes inside completely and u still keep thinking is it my car playing that loud..
  7. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Guys, on a brief note, what would be the cost involved with ONLY speakers upgrade? I am not that much a musicholic but then whatever I listen to, I want it to come out well. The current stock speakers throw good low intensity sound (Tweeters at work) but the bass effect is thoroughly missing. Can I get some descent bass (> what is right now) without changing anything other than speakers?
  8. Neo, a lot depends on the budget and what your taste is. Based on your requirement, I would suggest you to give some audition to JBL, Polk, Infinity speakers at Carax (They have good sound proof rooms for audition). Try to carry your favourite soundtrack when you go for audition. This will help in comparing the various brands on the same level.

My gut feeling is you will be happy with JBLs. Just changing the speakers should be enought if you are not planning to go about sound level 10-15 in your car, above that you would need an amplifier to keep the sound from distorting.

Hope this helps.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

My requirement is same as yours. I myself exploring some good speakers. Let's keep exchanging what ever come across us and see which sounds better.
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

I was thinking of changing the speakers on my Emo pack. Are there any good guys in NOIDA who can do the change along with damping etc?