1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Upgrades and the options used

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by livelyyoungman, May 12, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Selwyn good job man. Although you could have gone with a 4 channel with (rear bridged to sub). Could have made better difference to the cabin sound too. The front channels to the existing speakers.
    selwyn.a and kunwar.g like this.
  2. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @asimpleson ! I did contemplate a 4channel among all the options. Initially I was going for as economic a budget installation as possible, as I just wanted to add some low-range punch. So got the 2channel . Was even thinking about the Blaupunkt GTB8a before that. Then I found the reviews for the champion series, and couldn't resist the juicy looking piece of kit :hungry: So Pioneer it was and Blau out the window. No way can the GTB8a match :D The whole effect is pretty good. So keeping the 2ch for now.
  3. Robert Pinto

Robert Pinto Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello, I have been following the forum. However, still do have a question. I have a Punto Emotion and would like to upgrade my Entertainment System.

Would changing the system impact the Blue & Me features and the controls on my steering?

And what would be a recommended upgrade. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Robert Pinto,
    Steering controls will be retained provided you install a device like Connects2 steering wheel control adapter. It will be needed if HU is upgraded. If upgrading I would suggest going the full length and installing a 1-din HU with 3RCA (pre-out) 4-5V. A min. of 4 channel amp for two front components and a Sub suitable to your budget driven from the same amp in rear channel bridge mode.

Full doors dampening if you are installing better than good stuff.

About Blue and Me and other queries please read THIS post by @PaddleShifter
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    Robert Pinto likes this.
  5. Robert Pinto

Robert Pinto Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson Thank you for your reply. Do you have any brands that are recommended for the components? Please.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    1) Morel Maximo 6.5 (higher priced)
    2) Focal 165A1SG 6.5" (bit lower)
    3) Pioneer D1720C 6.5" (best VFM)

A decent class FD amp. But you could settle for any Class AB four channel which your budget permits.

A subwoofer with Class D amp. Active one like Blaupunkt or if you want a good quality one an Infinity Kappa 10" with a dedicated monobloc amp.
    Robert Pinto likes this.
  7. Robert Pinto

Robert Pinto Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Sandypk

Sandypk Timido

India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends,

I had been going through many of your post to learn how to upgrade the audio system.

Few of the items mentioned are greek and latin to me as i am layman. So can you please answer my questions to help me upgrade:

1. Mine is Punto Emotion with the default set, should i go to the FIAT dealer to change the audio & speaker or a local player. If local player any recommendations from Chennai or Coimbatore.

2. Need a decent sound and bass, not looking at a high end perfection. Looking for less expensive budget of around 20-25K max, what is best audio system that i should consider?

3. When the shop shows the components what all i should consider when buying any tips please.

Thanks.
    Sandy
  9. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded my speakers from Focal Auditor to Polk Audio.

Replaced Focal Auditor components to Polk Audio 6.5 components
    Replaced Focal Auditor Co-Axial to Polk Audio 6.5 co-axial speakers.

Door Damping done for all four doors.. Road Kill for front Doors and STP for back doors.. Used 1 sheet per door..
    Exchanged my Auditor Speakers with Polk Audio Speakers..

The current setup is

Pioneer DEH-4590BT HU
    Polk Audio 6.5 components
    Polk Audio 6.5 Co-Axial
    Cerwin Vega 4 channel Amp
    Cerwin Vega SUb woofer

The reason for changing is I was not really happy with the sound from Auditor Speakers.. Now after the upgrade the sound clarity is so clear that I never felt bored after 1000km drive..:):)
    ramjn and asimpleson like this.
  10. rajan2002

rajan2002 Novizio

Mohali
    Hi Friends,

I found some piece of information. Can we split radio antenna port by using wired fm modulator and can connect with Bluetooth for streaming audio? I am having punto (march 2014) with BnM so need your advice regarding same.

square_nrm_1422560831-bluetooth-radio-1213-de.jpg