1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Upgrade for My 90HP- Audio System MX Series

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rahul16, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    After 7 months of ordeal of hearing music through stock speakers finally went for upgrade.:) The hunt started 2months back, going through reviews,checking with my friends ICE, Well lots of opinion it was more confusing..

Well our audio guru in team forum- PHEW, thanks to him .He was the one who helped me a lot in finally going for AUDIO SYSTEM MX Series- perfect one for punto ( German brand, hand made speakers). When he mentioned about this brand to me.. I was bit confused since i never heard of this brand.Then my search started for finding its review and its availability here in cochin. Funniest part i went to almost all the shops here and no one even knew of this brand.Phew was right when he mentioned you wont get it here since the margin for dealers is very less for this brand. Help came from his end,as he would help me in sourcing it from Delhi but i was bit worried thinking of the service so dropped the idea of going about it. Checked out other brands like Rockford,Hertz,Infinity,Focal,Auditor....etc but somewhere i was not getting satisfied.

Saturday,since it was a holiday after swimming i was roaming in the city and thought of going to rest of the accessories shops.Went to team energy my second visit but they were pushing just for rockford since they were the dealers for it. Checked out with Galaxy Shop( not that cordial ) One thing stopped me from further going with that shop. Well they had displayed 3D mats and the costing was the craziest part- 2300 something.I was blown away since i knew it costed near to 4500rs. I confirmed is it 3d,they said yes then checked the mat...well it showed 3D sign but the quality it sucked since i have seen it. They were kind of selling chinese duplicate cheating customers ( No Offence) that's my view...

EMPEROR car accessories( one of the oldest shop in cochin), well i was blown away with the kind of brands available their. I was talking to one of the managing partner Mr Aftak that's when my eyes got stuck ...wow AUDIO SYSTEM. i didn't even check anything else. thats it.... thats my baby.Even owner confirmed,no one knows about the brand and more over the margin is very less.... but its for people who love to hear good stuff. I just went to inquire and ended up buying it :) Here comes the hard part - installation will take time and car can only be delivered by 8pm ( its 11am now). Well nothing else to do i said ok and i will also be part of it.
    Component - Audio System MX 165 plus- 10,000/-
    Coaxial - Audio System MXC 165 - 5,000/-
    Damping - Full 4 doors - 6500/-

Total came to- 21,500/- Since i will be adding Amp & sub in coming months,kept the wiring change for then. It was a great time waiting and watching the whole process. Started the work by 1.30pm and ended up by 8.30. Perfect work that's what i will say.... they take their time in doing each part. Damping each door took them an hour,doing it precise and clean. To say about the staff 3 people were working on my car, one is having almost 11 years exp with that shop itself and other one 4 years... so could guess.Well its overlooked and done by one of the brother of the owner.Well he is a audio freak well knowledgeable.I would really recommend guys from kerala to go for EMPEROR, if you are really looking for good product and clean installation. After the pain staking wait and finally when they did the tuning... I was really blown out. Even without amp it was rocking... they said amp is a must if u want this baby to be in real form. Its jst 30% of the speaker is utilized now.. well amp already decided FOCAL SOLID 4.

The drive back home...oola la ;-) i was thinking why the hell i waited for 7 months. Attaching pics... well took it in phone so don't expect much clarity :)
    Thanks
    Rahul
    3.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 10.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    killer, it feels great to be of help.
    is the door damped from the inside and outside of the sheet
    happy ICEing :)

one more thing try out the audio systems M Line 75.4 - 4ch Amplifier instead of focal, the experience will keep getting sweeter. At 14990/-(MSRP) its certainly a very good deal and amazing warm and balanced sounding amp.

specs:

High/low pass filter
    Changeable chip system to individualize the amplifier
    4x 75 Wrms @ stereo 4 Ohm
    2x 220 Wrms @ mono 4 Ohm
  3. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    thnks phew:)

Even the installer mentioned me about trying Audio System M line amp..... i was about to ask you about it . Will check it out... Thanks once again buddy
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    hey i think we met at Emperor while u were doing your installs. Looks nice
  5. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    hey Nimish.. you are right buddy. Well your punto rocks.Loved your alloys.... did buzz you in FB

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

hey phew...

anything else i need to look into while going for amp? how abt wiring... which one will you suggest. Bull audio or scosche or audio system(installer mentioned its available) well i am also looking for sub but not that heavy stuff. Something that will compliment the whole set up.

thanks
    rahul
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For wiring stick to Bull audio as its a tried and tested product BUT use Gladen RCA's as they are a steal at 2k each and are very good. For sub look at audio systems M line sub(M12 = 6990/-), as the sound signature will be very identical since the same line up is used for the comps, co-ax's, amp(probably) and sub. If possible use gladen wiring for speakers if you like a warmer sound signature.
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    ..what make of damping did you go for... 6.5k seems a bit steep