1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE upgrade-Double DIN-steering whl audio controls-navigation-parking camera

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by yok1987, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Hi Friends,

I'm a big music lover.:dance:dancing:clapping:clap

I'm not a techy here and i dont know much bout ICE.

I'm planning an ICE upgrade and the below are my requirements in the order of priority.

My punto is 4yrs old, so i'm open to features/procedures which void warranty.

1. Excellent Quality of Music with medium Bass(NOT loud, Dont want my boot full subwoofer and its big bass)
    2. Steering wheel audio controls (2009 emotion not pack)
    3. Double DIN system because i want the below aspects integrated (Preferably on an Android platform).
    4. Parking assisting camera
    5. Navigation

I had visited Technokrat Chennai today, saw highend cars like porsche, rangerover and many mercs being ICEd, team also looks equipped and a promising attitude:cool:.

The below is the quote from the owner. need suggestions on the components and price.

ICE.JPG

Though the quote is huge roughly about 80K, i've fallen for the steering wheel audio controls (though i have to procure the control buttons parts) and the double DIN integration into the Dash.

Need advices & help on the below,

1. Point out where i can cut costs.
    2. don't want to compromise on the quality of the music, do u think the speakers can deliver results? if not suggest me with alternative brands and model no pls.
    3. he says fiat doors are sturdy enough, exterior dampened already and doesn't need dampening:-D, pls advice.
    4. dash player is not on android platform, i couldn't find review or demo videos. can anybody tell me how is the user interface of this system,
    4a. in terms of the multitaskability like using navigation and music player simultaneously and stuff like that.
    4b. i dont want to be stuck with a stupid painful touch screen.:confused: (i'm a lil old fashioned here, i still stick to my blackberry phone for the reason of qwerty keypad, easy texting and quick access features)
    5. is it true that the double din players cant deliver the quality of music a normal player can.
    6. if possible provide me the part number of the steering mounted audio control buttons. (this is gonna be game changer for a lot of punto-ers)
    7. suggest me of better configurations, according to my need (music quality).

Guys do gimme ur expert advice. THANKS.
  2. thc45

thc45 Timido

Bangalore
    Try Speedfreaks ! I had done my ICE couple years ago from them and I am totally satisfied. In fact, I'm going for an upgrade later this year :)

Talk to Karthick there. He could give you some expert advice and let you decide your choice of speakers and things.

Speed Freaks | Contact
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why the owner has given you the estimation of cheap cables.
    The best quality sound requires the best quality of cables.

If you are going for this setup then ask for another harness. :)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just wondering how do you plan to place in double din audio system in single din slot.
  5. dashboard will be altered for this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There are two ways Viny - either relocate the hazard light switch panel to the top shelf above the A/C vent, or trim a bit of the bottom of that switch and the top of the A/C controls. I had posted pictures of both setups somewhere in the forum, unable to find it now.

Rajan
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@ Rajan: I have seen similar kind of setup done in a Linea with 7" screen. It was done some 3yrs ago, when i was pondering about car pc screen mount location :)
    Since the OP didnt said he is planning to operate the dashboard in first post, i was wondering if he has got some wrong details or if he has found some alternate methods.

Personally i think playing arround with dashboard and doing cut paste job without proper processing will lead to rattling and ever falling / breaking dashboard.
    Having said that I would following this thread to see how the concept materializes.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Me too. I have plans to replace the whole fascia, to suit my taste / needs. Hoping to get some cues from this thread.

Rajan
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

This is how it was implemented :)

237719d1259733062-dual-din-linea-punto-possible-img00542200912020959.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Yok1987: Any update on this?
    Had a chat with Karthikk yesterday. I may try a shot at his place to get few things sorted out in my ICE configuration....
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013