1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE suggestions for my TJet

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by speedJet, Aug 17, 2012.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I will keep that in mind while checking out the speakers and planning the upgrade

HU upgrade or DSP upgrade will probably happen later on. As of now, too many accessories/upgrades are planned - GPS, rear view camera and ICE. So I have no option but to space apart my upgrades
    For stage 1, I might consider a 4 channel amp if it falls in budget. For stage 2, I will do some R&D on DSPs. Not sure when stage 3 shall become possible

Will speak with nkapoor and gather how is experience was.
    Any specific models that can be obtained from the US - please share asap if you have something in mind

Thanks Phew, this cost is for 2 speakers for the front or for 4 speakers for all doors. If 4 speakers cost 9K then I can use remaining 6K for the damping. Do you recommened Driven or MotorConcept (Kirti Nagar) or some other dealer. Do provide any useful links that you may have

Will touch base with captainsubtext and see how it goes
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. captainsubtext

captainsubtext Timido

Hey Speedjet, I actually went down to Driven this evening to evaluate my options. I'll post the details later in a separate post
  3. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    if you would like to keep blue and me, save some money then import 'Blue back kit' from paser.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Any particular reason/misconception that you're so against subwoofers?
    Save yourself money, time and hassle by not going for this Paser thingy. You will only regret. Instead speak to nkapoor about the new Connects2 kit that's being launched next month.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Both Driven and motor concept are equally good, my prefference is driven since I am getting my work done from them for the past 5 years and have never felt a need to change.
    The hertz esk will cost 7.5-8k after disc, rainbow will be around 11-12k after disc and all these are for fronts only.
    As for damping the cost will be 1500/- per sheet and you'll need 2 sheets per door so that makes it 1500x4= 6000. Many would think 1 sheet(per door) is more than enough but I would recommend 2.
    Negotiations can be further aswell when sitting across the table.
    The prices I mentioned are approximates but only by 5-10%.

Waheguru Waheguru
    1 person likes this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    No misconception, its more related to budget as of now. If nkapoors setup is good and within my budget, I might consider it

From the price quoted, it appears that I shall only be able to get 2 speakers and damping done in 15K :( I will speak with you and nkapoor before going to Driven. Please do PM me your number
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry for missing the action speedjet! Been buried with work lately. We can discuss the specs for my setup offline - give me a call! As for work quality, I'm happy with Driven. Have got all my 3 cars ICEd from them over the last 1.5 years. No complaints!!

In fact, I intend to go to Driven for the HU change in my T-jet next saturday. Why don't we meet up then and call captainsubtext as well? Yashik bro, lets make it a mini-TFI Delhi-CHD meet :). What say?

PS: Phew - I will get my hands on the KOS tomorrow. Need to discuss placement in the T-jet. I do wanna keep it.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hehehehe.....ssshhhhh maintain silence....
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks, I shall give you a call to discuss on the configuration. Also, I will try to make it to Driven on Saturday. Where exactly is Driven?

Captain, waiting for details from you. Also, lets see if you can also join in at Driven on Saturday

Pardon my ignorance, but what is KOS?
  10. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    Hi SpeedJet,
    Workout this. GTO 609C in front, and CS-6 for rear. Put any JBL 4channel Amp. Please keep in mind that changing the stock speaker wires void the electrical wiring warranty. Then Buy a Single Din face pannel from FIAT(Cost exactly Rs.206/-). Try this Megaaudio MADT 307 BT Headunit - Cost arround Rs.7500/-. This HU having a 3.5" screen. So you can connect the reverse parking camera in this, if required. It has Bluetooth, Front USB, AUX etc.

- Bullet