1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Suggestions for 1.6 GTX

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by bharath0016, May 25, 2014.

1. bharath0016

bharath0016 Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi all

I would like to get the ICE pimped up on the PALIO 1.6 GTX.
    I have not kept any check on Budget.
    Was just going though internet and there is so much of information, drama , Bull**** etc etc.

Currently I am all confused and messed up here. So seeking advises from the Gurus and the people who have already burnt and running on bandages to throw some fire here as well :)

Found one generic link

GlassWolf's Pages

Thanks in Advance !!!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you want some "pimped up ICE", that means you should have a good budget for the system. I am making a few recommendations here. Budget is important to set unless its not a factor at all.

HEAD UNIT:
    - Pioneer 80PRS is considered to be the best HU/top of the food chain. Other options are JVC KD-R90BT though the 80PR is something worth looking at (just a detailed demo last night during TFI meet)
    - Basically, look for a HU that offers time alignment (TA), 3 RCA pre outs in case you intend to connect 2 amplifiers.
    - If your budget is upto 10k or less, then check out JVC KD-R80BT or 746BT. There is a Pioneer 7590SD and 8590/8690BT as well.

SPEAKERS:
    - Only one word. Audition. Listen to them yourself. If you have a budget of 10k (or more) per speaker set, look for Polk and Rainbow.

.. I need to sign out.. I will be back soon.. Sorry for half reply.. :ban
    2 people like this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    JVC KD R90BT. cant find any unit better than that.. the unit is future proof and will support any bug in you for further upgradation of your ICE.
    and if you dont mind waiting for a few weeks, got a fully functional JVC KD R90BT coming up for sale. Just waiting for my custom unit to arrive to put up the JVC for sale, (still left with a few months of warranty too...)
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :wow
    A better unit than that. What is the custom unit? Details please.. :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

@bharath0016,
    You could go for entry level or mid level or high end audio. Basically, what I mean is that components and amps and HU all should be compatible and complimentary to each other. Before I suggest further. Please suggest your tentative budget. Even a Rs.25000-35000/- system including a single din 3RCA HU, 4 Component Speakers, 4 channel Amps and Subs is considered a good system, yet entry level by audiophile standards.

Very High quality and expensive systems will need an installer and tuner too with great understanding of 3D sound and imaging and overall car acoustics including the practical limitations of every item chosen in the configuration to tweak the sound for maximum listening pleasure. In other words a 2 lacs Rs. system could sound equivalent to a Rs. 50,000/- system if not installed with necessary paraphernelia and measured and tweaked well in scientific and practical manners both.

Going from the list of Glasswolf's page I saw Morel mentioned in list. This superb brand is now available in India for sale at some places. However, audiophile configurations can set back by Rs. 1 to 3 lacs or more depending on how much gold standard items one wishes to install.
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My friend has a 6" morel dotec ovation in his linea... just a set of components in the front doors and that sounds better than a set up with normal components, co axials, sub everything !!!! The speakers costs around 30k but an amplifier which supports that is difficult to find and it costed him more than the speakers itself..infinity. Add to that good damping for doors...
    spec: http://old.morelhifi.com/products/mob_2way_dotech_ovation.html

But for you bharath, just a suggestion ;)
    10345933_694735823898236_4741554066074916634_n.jpg
    hehe :D
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    5 people like this.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    IMG_20140525_215811.jpg

this one has just arrived. Waiting for my steering wheel harness to arrive so as to get my steering mounted controls also active.

- - - Merged Post - - -

the unit is black in colour , need to convert as much as possible, to the golden theme of Linea emotion.. Hence the delay of few weeks.
    4 people like this.
  7. bharath0016

bharath0016 Novizio

Bangalore
    The below project was done by: https://www.facebook.com/harmonixxaudiobangalore/info

Like any other Query in the ICE section, this one too started with a budget of........

Well never mind ....

*********** Please do not ask how much it costed and I do not want to even remember or I have already forgotten. :cool:

1.jpg
    "Special Edition" set from Rainbow where they've paired the DL-series mid-basses with their top of the line Profi/Vanadium series tweeters with top of the line SQ tweeters.

4.jpg
    The well renowned CAL26 metal dome tweeter.

1.jpg
    3-step attenuation for the tweeter.

5.jpg
    HAT I8SW just the 8' SUB.
    One of the key requirements was that the subwoofer shouldn't occupy too much space. And he should never feel the need to take the enclosure out of the car even during long drives.
    Sub has to be quick and integrate well. Loudness wasn't really a criteria as long as one would not miss the presence of a sub. I wanted the Bass to come pinch and just disappear and not like something that's banging from a Den :)

Now comes the Big Toy of the whole stuff :)
    6.jpg
    9.jpg

RAINBOW I-paul 4 Channel Amp. Had to think about a lot and lots and lots and spke to my pockets, bank accounts a lot of times and went ahead.

Then came the 80PRS very late and I have use a Back up player for a cpl of days :)
    WP_20140701_18_50_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140701_18_50_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140701_21_29_20_Pro.jpg

Now the Full List once again
    FULL.jpg

1) FRONT Components : Rainbow DL Pro Limited Edition Set with CAL26 Metal Dome tweeters.
    2) AMPLIFIER : Rainbow I-Paul 4.300
    3) Sub-Woofer : HAT I8SW (Hybrid Audio Tech).
    4) AIV Cosmic 4ch 5.5mtr RCA
    5) AIV 4AWG amplifier kit
    6) Quaden 16AWG OFC Speaker Cables
    7) Dampmat

8) HEAD-UNIT : Pioneer 80PRS

Outcome was a very happy Customer.

Now a few Pictures of the over all set up.

a.JPG
    c.jpg
    d.jpg
    e.JPG
    f.jpg

Once again HARMONIXX AUDIO is a place to visit if you want something special and some good experience.

8.jpg

h.JPG
    7 people like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bharath0016,

Why does it look like a new palio to me..!? ::D The interiors look factory fresh.
    Great choice with the hardware. Certainly looks like lot of thought has gone in the choice and installation. From the specs the money can be guessed. Why don't you share the cost with us also..or a ballpark figure ? Certainly can make one curious. :)

Thanx.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    woah... top of the line products man !!!!congrats... just a dream for guys like me !!!!! That amp itself will cost a new bike if i m not wrong, have heard a car with that... was impeccable !!!
    asimpleson, its indeed a new palio only... just check his gtx thread, still run just 4 digit kms only !! :O :O :O really a lucky soul to get hold of this one
    1 person likes this.
  10. bharath0016

bharath0016 Novizio

Bangalore
    Why does it look like a new palio to me..!? ::D The interiors look factory fresh.

Yes they are as fresh as new. You talk about the Roof line, Carpet, The interior plastics what not.
    The previous owner never used this car with out AC or to be frank never used the car at all as it has to be used.
    I myself never pull down the windows unless I am on a highway.

That amp itself will cost a new bike if i m not wrong
    Yes you guessed it right man :)

still run just 4 digit kms only
    It was the same when I bought this used car in April this year. Check the ODO when I picked the car :)
    6.jpg
    3 people like this.