1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE set up for my 90HP Punto

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by kedarbendre, Aug 18, 2012.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am planning a complete new ICE setup for my Punto, rightfrom the headunit to damping.

As of now I have finalized the headunit which is JVC KD - R926BT.

Now I need some information about the Audiobahn brand. Looking at its range I loved them. I am planning to buy some stuff from UK as I am in UK rightnow.

I am looking for this subwoofer . Audiobahn - ALUM10J - Buy ALUM10J for £154.99 Car Audio Warehouse

Can I carry subwoofer in flight as it has large magnet? How much is the customs charges for subwoofer and components speaker if I bring them to India from UK.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    much better brands are available out there, with far more impressive lineup.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

No duty Afaik, unless you''re carrying tons of other stuff in your luggage.
    In general I think duty is 36 percent for excess baggage (exceeding the duty free limit or something to that effect.)
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Phew much better brands means whcih brands. Can you please explain. Are you talking about that website or the brands which are available in India?
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kdar : by better brands I mean brands like alpine/clarion/dynaudio/helix/Rainbow/HAT/ etc. etc.

As for purchase from UK, I think the final cost will be higher as compared to buying them from india itself add to that the benefit of having warranty and better service.
    A hint on your budget can be alot helpful in suggesting
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Phew thanks.

Do you mean to say that Audiobahn is not that great brand like Ground Zero,, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate?

My budget is around 40k and my preferred brands are Ground Zero, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate and Kenwood.
    Please recommend me products from above mentioned options only B-)
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hu - alpine 117E period.
    Comps - alpine spx/RF punch series
    Amp - RF punch series
    Sub - RF
    Very hard to fit it within 40k but these are the better amongst the above mentioned brands.

Waheguru Waheguru
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Phew thanks for the recommendation, I have a soft corner for Alpine. I will definatly look for this setup.
    How is Kenwood product range?

can you please let me know the price of Alpine Headunit.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Kedar, electronic stuff from UK/Europe is normally costlier or equivalent to the Indian price. However, in case of US and maybe Singapore/Malaysia the prices are cheaper. Do a detailed study before you buy stuff from UK.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    speedjet thanks for the advice buddy, however I have dropped the plan to get the stuff from UK. I will buying ICE setup from India.

Phew Alpine headunit is too much costlier and I wont be able to spend 22k on headunit thats the reason I have selected the JVC KD-R926BT. I need money to buy steering wheel interface as well.