1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE options for my TJet+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's the JVC 2 lead I have.

uploadfromtaptalk1329053210149.jpg

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Hmm, then God only help me! I ordered this combo based on a lot of research. Will see the result once the install happens. Surprisingly, there is no other product in the Connects2 catalog as an alternative. So now, Italia-Linea can come in to clear the confusion.

@Teky - have you contacted Dynamic Sounds? It is possible that you got a defective piece. What error/problem did you face when you installed this interface?

@Amit - please let us know both the model number as well as the black box code for your working Connects2 unit.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It simply refused to work, didn't pick up the signals at all. I got the correct one from indian distributor again and it was working. Problem is the shipping cost back to UK was as much as the item itself, so it's sitting idle. May be I'll buy a skoda just for this :D

4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Correct one meaning? Is it a different product code in the correct one?
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    are boss, there is nothing wrong in what you have ordered. Connects2 CTSFA004 is the correct part code.

the problem is these dynamic sounds shipping wrong black box. this is what i learnt from teky.

however there might be a possibility that the black box which teky got was faulty altogether.
    @teky- tell them its not working and ask them to bear the shipping cost. the shipping cost is not much at all. ask indian post or cheapest courier.

@ nishant - the only thing you can now do is try if your box works.

both JVC2 and well as JVC3 patch lead works perfectly for our head units- no worries about it.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @teky: Just wondering how many cables you got in your treasure chest. :p

@dj.nish: If you dont mind, I would like to make a small suggestions. Before you go ahead with all this upgrades, please pull out your existing HU, note the make and model no, based on that please get the ISO Pin chart for your HU. Study that, it will help you figure out which cable works as Steering mount signal provider, also would give you a lot more other details that would help you plan out what kind of cable you need for your installation. The cables that you bought are for standard installation, but an installation that will call in AMP, DSP, optionally Blue &ME or some other stuff etc will not have solution in a standard cable, Knowledge of how the iso pins carry information will be of great help.

Unfortunately FIAT has not kept instruction set across all the models, so we have seen different HU's behaving differently, so a given solution that doesnt work on HU might work on other HU. We have seen cases of such a nature previously too. Thus any interface connector which was build considering the HU X was receiving inputs in A1 way will not work if you had HU Y and was receiving input as A2. (this could be one case for teky having issues with connectors)
    1 person likes this.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes, even I'm guessing that the Black Box was faulty. Anyway, it will be clear once you and Teky confirm the number on your working black boxes.

In the meantime, Teky should contact Dynamic Sounds and seek COD shipping return/refund. Also, as IL suggested, India Post will be the cheapest and safest method. I doubt they will even charge you more than Rs 500-700!

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

The Connects2 module has a LOT of cables/wires attached to it!
    I think there is a slight confusion here mate!

First of all, I am not using the existing HU. I have purchased the JVC HU, which is yet uninstalled. So it's gonna be a fresh install (and not an upgrade).

Secondly, I have not purchased any standard installation cables. those pics are of Connects2 steering interface compatibility module i.e. an add-on module that makes my aftermarket HU 'talk' to the steering buttons. The piece in question (CTSFA004) is infact a Fiat GP/Linea specific module and the patch lead is specific to the HU that I have purchased.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear friend,
    I am not confused about what you are trying to achieve.
    Let me get back to you with further details, auto indsutry tried to standarize how all the electronic communications across various chanells meets together at a central unit, also known as Head Unit. They came up with Connectors for car audio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although the structure was more less accepted but many car companies modulated and modified how this communication is communicated to HU. Thats where the problem arrises, if all worked on standard format then changing HU would not have been pain. Which is majorly an simple replacment, because Audio Out and other basic structure was common. In your case if the new JVC HU has ISO connectors, then it would be a direct fit and probably most of the functions will work out of the box, issues arisses about how the key control commands are interpreted, provided FIAT has used generic standard, then the issue would have not arrised, but since FIAT had many versions of HU and how they interpreted and process the signals at times varied, causes the trouble. Thats what i was trying to explain in previous post.

So if you knew what information was brought in and taken out by default connector via which pins then you would be in good positions to interpreted your current HU PIN requirements.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    OK, I'm even more confused after reading your post!

What I'm trying to achieve (or rather replicate) is something that has been successfully done in many Fiat cars, using the same JVC HU (or many others) and Connects2. And that's not just on this forum , but worldwide. So I'm just trying to understand if there's something different/wrong that I'm intending to do?

I've seen several Fiat cars (Linea/Punto) of the current gen (i.e. post 2010) which had a HU replacement. Not just JVC, but Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine et al. In my knowledge, none had any issue. So it cannot be the ISO configuration problem.

Is your post specifically targeted at the integration of Connects2 with JVC (or any other aftermarket HU)? As far as my research goes, Connects2 specializes in integration of after market HUs with steering interfaces of all manufacturers. That's precisely why they have car and model specific modules and patch leads. Also, from international forums, I gather that it is a proven solution (for Fiat atleast, I didnt bother about other manufacturers).

EDIT - I hope you arent thinking that I'm installing Connects2 in OEM HU? Because I'll be doing it along with JVC HU.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yes, different product all together.

HaHa, that Blau one is sold now. Anyway the audio upgrade has taught me lot.

It may be the correct code but they are shipping wrong items god knows, we will only know after dj.nish installation is complete.