Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Oct 9, 2011.
nothing wrong in your choice of HU at all, u need better comps for your ICE to come out good
Is 7016 still available? Can someone tell me where?
Just came across a review for JVC KD-R926BT and i'm mighty impressed. Seems like Kenwood 8016 is out of the competition now.
Mobile Electronics AU | JVC KD-R926BT DIN CD Tuner
So finally, my ICE plans have started to take some shape. Here is the list of equipment finalized / procured till now:
1. Head Unit : JVC KD-R926BT (bought)
2. Front components : Illusion Electra EL6.1 (available already from previous ICE)
3. Subwoofer : Ground Zero MKII (available already from previous ICE)
4. Rear door coaxials : yet to decide (but I need the budget options as these are just rear fills)
5. Amp for all 4 speakers : Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII (available already from previous ICE) - this will power front compos+rear coaxs
6. Amp for subwoofer : yet to decide, but leaning towards Auditor RIP 2380. My budget is 7-9k for this and preference is A/B class. I need about 300 WRMS in bridged mode from the amp.
7. Steering remote interface : Connects2 CTSFA004 (bought)
8. Wiring : will buy on the spot, most probably Scosche kit
9. Damping : for front doors only - need suggestions on brand
10. Dash kit / fascia (in dark gold dust color) : yet to buy. I asked at Fiat service center and was quoted Rs 1600. Kava Auto does not have this. Can someone help me in procuring this at a reasonable cost? (@Italia-Linea)
Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. I need specific inputs on Point 4, 6 and 10.
It's 228 at Tata ASC, Just check the part number which Italia-Linea has put across in the Fascia plate. It's called the Ornament according to the SA's, so they might have wrongly understood and quoted such a high price.
Guys - please suggest a good 2 channel or a monoblock amp under 9k. Have recently heard bad reviews of Auditor amps so I have decided to stay away.
Also, what brands are available in damping sheets officially? Do we get Dynamat/Wurth in Mumbai?
Got the part number and ordered it at Fiat service. Expecting it within 2 days.
Its been a few days since your install, can you please share some pics of the HU and hows its performing in your car?
Hiren - I have procured all the equipment, but the install has not happened. Something unforeseen came up 2 weeks back and hence the install has been postponed indefinitely.
I will update this thread as and when the install happens.
Thanks for the response, whatever it is I hope it gets better soon.
Pics of the equipment bought till now
So guys, till the install happens, here are some pics for you to enjoy. Coming up first - the Headunit - the mighty JVC KDR 926BT.
Separate names with a comma.