1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE options for my TJet+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Cant say. depends on model to model. one should hear every stuff before buying. everyone has different taste.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I dont need a HU with a built-in BT. I'd prefer to continue using my Jabra SP700.
  3. Gill

Gill

1. Kenwood 7016
    2. Alpine cda 117
    3. Audison bit one/ bit ten (to retain original hu)
    4. pioneer P80 rsII
    5. Alpine 9887
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ Gill

Jasveen is this you?

Post up an intro.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    phew = Jasveen Singh gill

Gill = Gian singh gill

gurjinder paaji, he is my father :)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    bouncer :)
  7. Yuppp, I wasn't aware of the TA in the HU. In case if it has TA, then you don't need a DSP.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Ok guys, so I have made up my mind to chuck out the factory HU and plonk in an after market one. I'm fed up with the lack of features. Blue and Me and Steering remote controls aint adding to my user experience too. So I dont care for their integration with the after market HU.

1. Headunit : So now I have decided on getting the Kenwood 7016 (I pray if some kind soul can source a new one for me). If not that, then either 8016 or Alpine 117 (coz difference in price at that level will hardly be 1-2k).

Are there any other options? (No Pioneer, Sony or JVC pls). Anything in Clarion at that price point?

2. Speakers : Since I like the Electra's, I'll continue keeping them in the front.

A significant development is that I have decided NOT to hire a chauffeur! In ICE terms, that translates into 'no-components' for the rear doors and just co-axials. Please suggest decent and cheap rear fills. They shall be driven off the HU.

3. Amp : I have a Blaupunkt GTA 4. Thinking of continuing with the existing setup. However, my main worry is subwoofer. Will GTA 4 be sufficient for driving it in a sedan? In my Getz that sounded quite well though.

However, if I do decide to buy a 2 channel exclusively for the sub, my existing amp's 2 channels will go waste. If that be the case, I probably would have to have components in the rear door was because I would not want to let the 2 channels go waste! But for a self-driven car, components in rear seem an overkill.

Please help me solve this dilemma.

Maybe the only other option is to sell of the Blau amp and get a powerful 4 channel amp for the complete setup.

4. Installer : Please suggest a good installer in Mumbai, preferably one who has experience with Fiat/Linea.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The kenwood 7016/8016 cannot hold a candle infront of the Alpine 117E in terms of SQ.

Use the four channel in bridged mode to power the comps incase u get a 2channel.
    If possible opt for better Comps if u really wanna see the Alpine's magic, otherwise with the Electra's the results wont be justified
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    7016 is in my budget. 8016 aint! But then I though that if I'm stretching to get 8016, why not the 117.