1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE options for my TJet+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    3SIXTY.2 is available locally, Alpine shall have to be imported.

Given the importance of remote control in my life, I feel it might be a good idea to change the HU altogether. I have figured a steering interface and OEM fascia/dash kit as well, but then B&M has to go
  2. Well, that is what you have to decide.
    Just take car of the following points:
    1. Search for a good installer who can work with the fascia properly.
    2. Don't spend a lot on the HU in case you plan to install a DSP. The sound quality output of the HU is really not going to matter a lot. It will but not to that big an extent.

And please don't be bothered about B&M. It just has a snob value, according to me. Used it, disliked it, stopped using it :p. Unless its something like Siri voice commands are useless.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    True that. Having used the B&M for the last few weeks, I realized I dont like it. I found it cumbersome and distracting. My Jabra SP700 is way better with just one button touch for call pick/disconnect and much better sound quality! Ofcourse, I wont have MID display of number, but then again, I really can live without that!

On the steering remote, I found that also to be slow/unresponsive at times. The button clicks do not get registered instantly. SO I dont mind having let that go as well. However, if my installer can loop it in with an aftermarket HU, it will be an added bonus.

So I'm now veering towards aftermarket HU. And if that be the case, DSP will not be required. I'd rather spend that much money (or probably less) towards getting a good HU. Deciding between Alpine CDA 117 (expensive at 20k) or Kenwood 7016/7046 (I need one without BT) and this one is around 12-13k.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Hmmm... Told ya, its just a snob value.

Well, in case if you've decided to spend the money on the HU, try getting the Alpine PXA-100 processor.
    Trust me, you'll not regret buying a DSP.

If possible take a demo in a car which has a DSP installed. You'll be sold, immediately :).
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    More so of a certain T-Jet Plus in Ahmedabad. :)
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    WHy would I still need a DSP if I'm going for a high end HU? The ones that I have selected have time alignment as well. What additional benefits would a DSP provide in this case?
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly my point

Harmony & chaos
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I think Linea-Lover meant demo of a aftermarket HU+DSP combo.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you wont need a DSP if you go for a high end HU with TA and other features.

I will say go for a Bluetooth model like kenwood 8016 BT , or JVC 926BT/826BT. they have 5.1 surround, time alignment and excellent DSP inbuilt. Also with a 3000rs steering wheel interface kit your lineas controls will work with these head units. only the blue and me and call button wont work.

if you are retaining OEM hu then DSP will make wonders, else forget it. with aftermarket HU still the DSP will give you some advantage for correct staging, but this you can do with the new HU after listening to it couple of times and adjusting the various parameters.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  10. Gill

Gill

is the JVC comparable to kenwood in terms of SQ ??? :-?