1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE options for my TJet+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

I have taken out the (modest) ICE from my previous car and it consists of
    1. Clarion DXZ785USB HU
    2. Illusion Electra 6.1 EL comps
    3. GZ MKII 12 inch sub
    4. Blaupunkt GTA4 Spl MKII 4 channel amp

For the new car, I was contemplating this same setup, with an addition of a set of components in front, and a mono/2 channel to drive the sub exclusively. So now I need your inputs on the following:

Whether to retain stock HU or not
    I would ideally like to have the Blue & Me and steering controls. That's the only reason to retain stock HU. If I go this way, I'll have to add a sound processor right? Which one is recommended?

EDIT - Found these two
    JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep® (http://www.crutchfield.com/s_136441D...Brand|JL+Audio)

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 (http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_5753...ckford+Fosgate)

If I'm contemplating a HU change, I might go in for Clarion DXZ 785 USB / Kenwood 7046BT / r Alpine 117. However, how would I retain steering remote control and B&Me?

1. One option is PAC SWI JACK (Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future)
    - Has any one done this in a Linea?
    - Are PAC modules specific to HU models or there's a universal one as well?

2. If I get a BT enabled HU, I believe it wont 'talk' to B&Me. Is there any interface to enable this?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. Hi,

Personally as I've always been mentioning, go for a DSP.
    You can retain Blue & me, the car stock HU, steering remote and look of the center console.

RF 3SIXTY.2 is an excellent choice and comes second to Audison Bit One in terms of quality and price as well.

You can check GH as I remember there is an Audison Bit one for sale in the classifieds section.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

1. Actually, my biggest grouse against the stock HU is lack of remote and inability for co-passenger to change tracks/folders. Do these get solved by the DSP?

2. Till now, I'm not a big fan of Blue And Me (maybe it'll grow on me?). I have a Jabra SP700 which does the similar job and the voice clarity/connectivity is better in it I feel.

3. In terms of pricing, DSP will be around 15-18k (if I choose RF or Alpine - but Audison would be quite costly!). How has been your experience with Alpine btw?

4. Alternatively, if I go for this Paser Tech thingy, along with an after market HU, it will cost me around 25k for the whole deal. Plus the Paser Tec is yet untested/un-reviewed.

5. Yeah you are right in one way. Unless I find a *very good* installer, I run the risk of losing the dash looks. That would be scary!
  5. You can look it at this way.. the driver gets to select the songs. Its his choice, always as he is driving :p. No you cannot control songs with the DSP.

As for the Alpine, I'm pretty satisfied. In case if you can get the RF 3SIXTY.2 for around 18k, don't look any further. Its a brilliant piece of equipment from what I've heard and read. Its better than the Alpine that I use. I got the Alpine PXE H650 for around 18k.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

No remote on the DSP too? So I'll have my wife nagging me constantly to change the song/folder? :( And what if my driver is driving? I'll sit on the rear seat and have no control of my own car's music?

How do you change songs buddy?

I'm infact getting the RF 3SIXTY.2 for about 16k. And AFAIR, the dealer told me it comes with the remote. So what will that remote do?
  7. Ummm.. yes. BTW, why would you let your driver enjoy the T-Jet in the first place??

Look at the brighter side of it, you'll be in command of the music AND become patient. If you lose patience, just pump up the volume.

16k for the RF is pretty good. BUY IT.
    There is a remote with my Alpine too. Thats for some minor tweaks with the Equalizer, changing source from HU to AUX and a few more things. See, the DSP doesn't control the HU. It only controls the sound signal.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

I do get your point. Infact, I had selected TJet because the rear bench is damn comfortable and I had thought I'll love to be driven around in it than any other sedan. However, after driving the jet for 1000 odd kms, I have decided that I dont want the driver. So that issue is kinda sorted. I just brought it up as a 'what-if' scenario.

My only problem is a music loving, but finicky, co-passenger. She is a hidden DJ and just cannot listen to a song completely. So in one normal home-office journey, I experience atleast 12-15 song/folder changes. And you can proportionately multiply that number for a longer road trip!

Hmm, so you're saying RF above Alpine? Audison Bit One even at 31k is outta question. The other options are:
    1. JL Audio CleanSweep CL441dsp (Rs 20k)
    2. Alpine PXA-H100 - (Rs 11.5k)
    3. Alpine PXE-H650 (Rs 18.7k)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

10. frankly it didn't really matter to me as to who changes the songs. Atleast the fight for the 'Next' button comes to an end :p.

Poor driver, its the recession you see. My sympathies to him.

Trust me, if you're getting the RF for 16k, take it. Just make sure its the 3SIXTY.2 is the only thing i'd say.

The PXA-H100 comes in modules as far as I know. You have to purchase the software etc etc.
    The rate quoted for the H650 is also decent, I got it for around 18.3k considering the dollar is around 10% higher now, its a pretty good price.

Compared to the two i.e. H650 and 3SIXTY.2, i'd go the the 3SIXTY.2 any day.

Are you importing these or buying locally from India?