1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"ICE"-Italian connection experienced

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Phew, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you very much
  2. phew sir,

was taken aback after reading through your thread.. awesome work sir.. hats off.

i recently bought a GP 1.3 emotion, and i got bored ny the ICE within a week..

now, im seriously thinking of changing my ICE. i hear mostly english songs (pitbull, lmfao etc.) and i want to have a " puchy bass with clear vocals on high volume"

budget is 25 - 30 k. but expandable a bit.

my requirements are:

front comps:
    rear co ax:
    amp:
    sub:
    wiring:

im not interested in changing my HU.

pls pls, suggest me a good set up sir. i have read so many threads regarding the ICE, but couldn come to a proper conclusion. im a novice in it.

so, ill proceed with it only through you and fellow TFIans input.

thanks in advance sir.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @carzinger: Confusion over electronic goods have been probably cause of hair falls for many males across the world. To much of head goes in to much of reading and pulling out hairs based on reviews, suggestions and end result of implementations :p

Having said that, believe me, first thing that you would hear up is throw off HU :p And then plan ahead :D
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would rather let the guru's do the talking, and please don address me as sir :)

Waheguru Waheguru.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Reading your thread again , how do u rate stock head unit , is it ok , quality wise , i mean if we attach a good 4 channel amplifier Focal solid 4 , Alpine Pdx 4, infinity or whatever in 20-25k range with speaker level inputs for all 4 speakers(Infinity Kappa , Polk DB)front and back all components. I need your suggestion on this , that can i expect high quality sound form stock cd player attached to high quality amplifier -speakers-cables or it makes no or Negligible difference compared to cheap amplifier connected to good speakers.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Firstly the OEM HU part:
    Yes improved sound quality can be achieved with the help of better amps/speaker but the increase in quality is not in sync with the increased price, so i would advise you against it(strictly my opinion).

Secondly if investing 20-25k for an amplifier it is better to go for an after market HU, since even with the help of an dsp the sq achieved is not as good as say a good sq headunit.

So if your goal is outright sq then you have to opt for an after market HU.
    So all in all a good after market hu + decent amp + decent comps will sound better than say a dsp + stock hu + decent amps + decent comps.

Also a reflection on your budget would be helpful in guiding you

Waheguru Waheguru.
  7. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    I can spend max 50k , and dont want to scarifice OEM player , after market will look odd with auto climate control and overall silver finish of centre console.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then you have no other choice other than getting a good dsp. Or maybe getting the centre console painted black.
    Besides what all are you looking at buying in 50k

Waheguru Waheguru.
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Polk series MM6501 6.5" 13k , Polk MM5251 5.25" components 9k , Amp Infinity kappa 4 for 15k , all imported , my brother in-law goes to USA atleast once in 2 months so can get these on best prices . Sub is also Polk ( already with me ). Wiring i dont know need suggestions . hope to receive by end march if everything goes fine with finances .
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmm....seems good enough, but I hope you have heard the polks.