1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"ICE"-Italian connection experienced

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Phew, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Unbelievable Set Up Phew!! I have been logging in after a long time.. but Glad came accross your thread!!.. Just one word : AWESOME :)
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sorry for missing out for long time.
    I saw this pic 55232-ice-italian-connection-experienced-270654_242824312397242_164351833577824_997211_4330574_n.jpg
    and also the pasting done on the plastic part.

I could not see the inner wall of gate, the metal sheet inside the door getting laminated. Rather i could only see closing of gaps/holes on inner metal layer of the door. I have seen similar kind of work done by Driven for many other installs too. I am not sure if his team has acutally placed in the layer of sound proofing on the internal side of the door. Once that is done it ensures reduction of outside noise and improves the base/bass effect making it more deep and filled. Secondly placing cut outs on plastic doesnt do any kind of good to sound proofing, in general one sould avoid this. Thirdly the a layer of sound proofing arround the round hole for speaker, reduces unwanted metal noise on high notes due to higher vibration. Something like this

116529.jpg
    This the metal next to speaker mount should also get damped, Dynamat comes with special small size pieces for speaker area sound proofing.

And inner layer should be sound proofed something like this
    4c8230f11d06.jpg

Well most of the installers in India are driven by business oriented approach, thus people like me and you who are enthusiasts and who surf web, should take help of internet to read, discuss and figure out whats gonna work out and how, then meet this installers talk to them and see if they understand you and what you want and can they do addons to your knowledge, if not then put few more round in learning and use this installer to just do the mechanical works, where as installation logic should be yours based on your learnings. Web has extensive knowledge base.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @minspin : thank you, nice to hear ur thoughts :)

@viny : Thanks for the info viny, but would like to highlight the fact that the inner sheet has been damped like u have showcased in the pic above and as for the square piece of damping u mentioning for the speaker surround that's basically there if at all there is excessive resonance or more than what is required, which in my case is not present so no point in opting for it.

Also rarely people damp the plastic parts for sound proofing, in my rides case it is done as there was resonance caused by the plastic touching the sheet so it was done as and where possible, read it has no/very rare contribution to outside sound proofing its only reducing the excessive resonance.

rest pics are surely gonna be put up tomorrow to serve the above mentioned points.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Flash

All my ICE equipment up for sale.
    1. Image dynamics cxs 62.
    2. Kicker speaker cables.
    3. Connection BT series 4channel RCA.
    4. Alpine CDA-117E.
    5. Mosconi 200.4 (200x4wrms + 2x950 wrms @2ohms).
    6. Image dynamics idq 12" v2 X 2

PM me for costs of interested.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ dont tell me that you are upgrading to more better ones :) ??
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A complete remake, something in the likes of super SQ.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Super SQ!!!! Now be a good boy and spill the beans.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Still confused between brax/tru/mcintosh/zapco

Dynaudio/seas/micro precision.

Chord/gladen/van den hul.

And there is Killlllleeeerrrrr surprise after the completion
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Some one gonna crazy here or won a KBC jackpot :p
    I guess I need to book tickets to New Delhi very soon :)

I just hope you dont plan to listen MP3's on that kind of system.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank god u reminded me, i was actually planning to play them via a FM adaptor by matching the adaptor's and HU's fm frequency :cool:

anyone interested can have an audition before the sell off (just recalled)