1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE for Punto 2012 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nand_nand, Aug 20, 2012.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

I own Punto Dynamic MJD dynamic. I am not happy with the sound quality and the stock HU provided by FIAT. Could someone advise me a decent HU with USB and bluetooth enabled (for answering phone calls) for Punto? Also I visited several TATA showrooms in Bangalore to see if they will be able to change the stock HU, but they say I will lose the warranty if something happens while changing the HU. Is there any good shop available in Bangalore where I can get a good HU?
  2. You can change HU without voiding warrenty. All you need to do is make sure that no wires are cut and connectors are used. Many have done that. Also, consider replacing stock speakers. (Experts would be able to suggest you).

Have a look as JVC KD 926 BT. (Many in this forum are having good experience with it). There is also a lower end model from JVC with BT with some good review.

Do check threads in ICE section.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    nand nand, sounder is correct. JVC KD 926BT is the best headunit at affordable price. I am also going for this headunit in december for my ICE setup.
  4. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    Hi Nand Nand,
    First change the stock speakers(Try this GTO 609C in front, and CS-6 for rear).
    Secondly buy a Single Din face pannel from FIAT(Cost exactly Rs.206/-).
    Third remove the stock HU and fix the single din face pannel.
    Fourth buy any good single din HU from market(Try this Megaaudio MADT 307 BT Headunit - Cost arround Rs.7500/-. This HU having a 3.5" screen. So you can connect the reverse parking camera in this, if required. It has Bluetooth, Front USB, AUX etc)
  5. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know any shop who will be able to change the HU in Bangalore? I know JC road has decent shops, but I would like to get it changed in some good shop.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi nand nand,
    After finding any good shop, before replacing the HU ask the electrician, not to cut any wire. This will void your warranty.
    And stay with him till the job is done..
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Nand Nand,
    Go to this one .. ask for Aslam

Sattarsons Motor Hood House, J.C Road, Bangalore
    Phone: (080) 41514668, (080) 26704498
    Address: 7, J.C Road, Bangalore- 560002, Karnataka
    Landmark: Opposite to Car Parking Complex (JC Main road)

This one is mainly a Autocop dealer and good in handling electric jobs too.. but pls make yourself free and get the job done in front of you ..

Good luck ..
  8. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi nand nand did u done the job for ur Music system, if yes can you attach the photos of same and how is it working...
  9. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Atul,

I had enquired with TASS and requested them to change the HU but they refuse as the warranty for the electric systems will go void if I cut any wires.. My new HU is lying at my home for months as I tried asking few shops whether they will change without cutting wires and the answer was NO.. Still I am searching for a shop where they will change the HU without cutting wires.. :-(
  10. I don't think any shop these days do any wire cut for installing HU.