1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE for my Punto Active

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ayanbiswas, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ayanbiswas

ayanbiswas Timido

Mumbai
    Have booked Punto 1.2 Petrol Active BNW, will be getting the delivery by Friday so looking for some ICE options.
    Planning to go for the Pioneer 6390 (Rs 6600) with 6'' Infinity Components (Rs 4700) in the front and 6'' JBL (Rs 2200) on the rear door.
    Wanted your suggetions if it is prudent to go for components without the amplifier as one dealer said it will be useless? My max budget for the ICE is Rs 14,000. Also is the price okay, it is with manufacturer warranty.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    See, you get a very good sound effect! Obviously it wont be hardcore, but far far better than that of the OEM's! So AMP is not compulsory..You can add it up later if you want! :)
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    1st important question .. how much your pocket allows you to spend ??
  4. ayanbiswas

ayanbiswas Timido

Mumbai
    Have a maximum budget of of Rs 14,000.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    can we put 6" in rear doors. i knew that 5.25 is the right size
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations thread. Most of the questions are already answered.

In my view, you can go with front components - in 5K range, rear co-axials - 2-3K range and HU in 5K range.

Yes you can fit, with some drilling.
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ shams
    if you yourself drives the car then i'll suggest you to avoid installing spkrs on rear doors/parcel tray. focus on fronts...
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @tarun
    I have put rear door speakers long time back. we were discussing this for ayan.
  9. ayanbiswas

ayanbiswas Timido

Mumbai
    @Shams @Tarun @jishnu thanks for your inputs. @ravi the thread was very useful, thank you.

Have decided on going ahead with the config i was planning.Hope the prices i am getting are okay, it is with bill and manufacturer warranty.
  10. @ayanbiswas

hey,may be its very late to reply now regarding your thread ,as you might have installed your ICE by now.

As per my experience i would suggest you to not to go for normal door speakers in rear doors,because if you upgrade for a sub in future it will not give balanced output.

Its better to go for a pair of components in rear doors as well.

And regarding head unit:I took that HU in Rs5100/- here in hyderabad.