1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I knew you were away as there wasn't a single post from you (you have more than 900 posts in just 2 months :) ). Sending you a PM. Would be nice to chat with you.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Redbull,

This is with reference to your post dated 19 Jan 11 regarding MP3Tag. I downloaded this program, then I realised that there was an easier way to remove the embedded image.

You just have to open the track in a freeware program QMP (Quientessential Media Player). It is available at http://www.filehippo.com. (You can set this as your default player for MP3 tracks. It is quite a decent audio player). When the track plays, in case it has an embedded image, it will show up in the window. Just right click on the image, and you will get options for editing the tags including the image.

Regards

Johnny
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded the speakers alone.

Sound on without show-off. :lol:
    [attachment=0:2redcyvp]IMAGE_352.jpg[/attachment:2redcyvp]

IMAGE_352.jpg
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yashik, put some more details and the after-effect of speakers.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I returned home after 2 days of duty at hospital. I will come up with a detailed review and a guide on how to upgrade various models.

Finally I am getting some music (and some fine rattles attributed to the installer).
    Ravi sir, quality of music is very good. Absolutely no distortion till Volume level 15-17. Haven't tested beyond that yet because of dizziness.

I am quoting a few songs below and the quality delivered in playing those.
    - Bass heavy music like a song "Lollipop by Lil Wayne" will start to distort at 12-14 but be advised that this song is meant to played only with a woofer and nothing else.
    - Slow Hindi songs play perfect upto the limit I have tested.
    - Fast paced Bollywood/Hindi songs play very very good upto the limit tested.
    - Hip=Hop/Rap/English songs are great too but not as expected because of want of a sub-woofer.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Great Tongue in cheek humour ::V Toons might be angry

Congrats Yashik for getting the much needed ICE. Post ur detailed review and pictures of the Ice'ng
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a good music system in a Punto/Linea

How to have a good music system in a Punto/Linea?
    It is very easy for Emotion variant owners. Attaching a regular 4 way amp is a child's play without any wire cutting or amp staying on all the time.

For Emotion pack owners, there are some complications and the amp need to be attached to some other electrical so that it can be switched off with ignition.

I am posting the easiest way of getting a good music output like that of i20/ANHC/Figo (well almost).

FRONT: Upgrade to Components of size 6.5 inch regardless of the fact whether you are getting an amp or not.
    I went for JBL GTO-608C (I thought they were discontinued and GT5-S265C are the entry level comps)
    Chandigarh price with bill & warranty is Rs4000 (for S265C) and Rs4500 (for GTO-608C).

REAR: Rear can take 6.5 inch speakers without any trouble. Stock size is 5.25 inch.
    In my case, I had to select between these two:
    - JVC CS-HX647X 4-way co-axials (Rs3000 with bill and warranty)
    http://www.jvc.co.in/product_car_spk_CS-HX647.htm
    - JBL S265 Co-axials.
    I took the plunge and went for JVC 4 way co-axials for Rs2500.

Speakers were mounted on wooden spaces. No wire cutting. Crossovers mounted on the inside of the front door and I fear rattles for this reason. Tweeter somehow got adjusted in the space and secured further with Feviquick and electrical wiring tape.

Need to assess it for a few days before commenting on the sound quality/satisfaction levels.
    My initial impression is that it sounds (almost) as good as my friend's Figo 1.2Titanium.

My brother already gave it a 58% Rotten tomato rating. :mad:
    According to him, his M800's single pair of JBL GT5-S396 6x9" 3-way co-axials placed in boot sound better (read better bass) than a combo of comps+coaxials of my car.
    :anyone
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Have a good music system in a Punto/Linea

Why so Yashik?
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Have a good music system in a Punto/Linea

Great one Yashik. Hope ur njoying the Juice Now and moving out form those 8-10 songs into new terroteries.

Whats this 58% rotten tomato rating.

Not to dampen ur spirits, i agreed with u about the FIGO system before i did my ICE. I was always complaining why the FIGO sounds better than Linea. But after the ICE'ng, Figo sounds like a crap dabba with somebody playing a dholak in the background ::V I taunt my dad everytime we r travelling in the Figo.
  10. Hey Yashik....howz the output of this setup. If i am not mistaken it costed you around 8k and i am actually looking for a similar kind of setup. ?