1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    You can install active sub from blaupunkt, alpine, pioneer and hertz also have that. Sub required more power what stock system not able to provide.. do not do that without amp

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There are two types of active subs under car and in boot. Try the bigger one for boot for enhanced effect. Enclosure matters. Proper enclosure based subs are available in market with or without port. My personal preference is ported box subwoofer like jbl slipstream etc. which is calculated as per theile small parameters and port design is also after extensive testing selected.

On stock HU you can install a prefabed box subwoofer with inbuilt active amplifier plate or go for amplifier separately as well. They come with separate low and high pass filters of their own.
    Karan likes this.
  3. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, can you help me with my situation
    Need your expertise here

I have recently installed "Blaupunkt - GTb 8200 A - 8 Inch Active Subwoofer Enclosure" in my punto evo, for some reason i am not satisfied with the output. Either its too heavy, window rattling or too low. I am presuming it could be due to wrong subwoofer setting (knobs) provided at the side of it. Can some help me in getting the optimal and good bass for these kind of woofer.

Car is Punto Evo Sports 2015
    All the speakers are stock, only subwoofer added.
    Output to subwoofer using a high low converter
    Wiring done using the cables provide with subwoofers.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It may have to do with settings built into the headunit. You need to see if any gain settings are on higher side. Also if the bass boost or +db settings on the active subwoofer amp plate is creating peaks that are causing issues. In most probability it could be an issue with high pass and low pass settings on the amp plate. Your active sub has those settings in most probability.

Keep the volume on Sub to minimal. All settings lowered. Use a test track for eg. "Bass I love You" Raise the volume on headunit to 80% of max volume you prefer. And start opening and trying permutations on you subwoofer. Sorry for being vague. But please read about specific terminology on the internet. Let us know how it goes. You want the best compromise at regular listening volume and protect sub at max volume listening levels.
    rohitsharma likes this.