1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A rather mundane issue:

Of late I had been observing that at times, my left front speakers cut off. I felt that it was probably a wiring problem. So, today I took it to a local mechanic, and he opened the left side door, and removed the speaker from its mounting. When he checked, one of the wire clips (speaker wires clip on to the speaker terminals in case of most brands - mine are MTX) was a bit loose. This has probably happened over a period of time due to vibrations. He removed the clip, tightened it using pliers, and pushed it back - it was nice & tight. He checked the other wires including that of the cross-over unit & the tweeter; they were OK. Now the speakers appear OK.

A point to note: After fitting the door panel, one must check that the mechanic has fixed all the fasteners, and that the power windows, and door locking mechanism work correctly.

Regards
    Johnny
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    my emotion pk also doesnt have any tweeters !!! it 2011 nov model....anyone else has the same omission ?
  3. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    immagine004tv3.jpg

This is original Fiat Punto Powered SubWoofer. For Best Decent Bass Sound added to Existing System. Its Ergonomics to save space & great sound :

DSC01147.JPG DSC01148.JPG
    pdash and asimpleson like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the pics @Pointed. Where did you find one. Info and more info please.. :D
  5. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bought it in Italy, some store was having this for long time.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Really nice unit..
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Do the present ICE 2015 Model Blue and Me support navigational systems.? Is it possible to change the HU for a touch screen which has maps by default? I need navigational systems a lot
  8. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    @Subhendusc ..try using ur android phone for the same. You can install the aux port in the stock hu and connect phone via 3.5 mm jack. Also install HERE MAPS from play store..app by nokia for android ..it has offline maps and voice navigation. .works flawlessly...i hav been using the same set up...
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @RajeshLamba which mobile are you using? My lenovo S660 has very poor GPS in offline condition.
    I am planning to get a phone . So if u can help me with a phone where GPS would work in offline condition. I do not need a Hi fi phone.
  10. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    @Subhendusc ... m was using nokia lumia 720....here maps were pre installed in dat..but phone fell in water..so m using galaxy s2 now...fortunately here maps is avlb for android. Hav used note 3.....all phones will take time to lock on to gps in offline mode..sometimes one has to start maps before entering the car to speed up the gps lock on..at times gps sig breaks...also.

Another good phone i use is nokia n8. Works great but again its maps are getting old.