1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey @asimpleson,but can you tell will they have to cut any wires,or directly its just plug and play ,as I dont want anything to get disturbed on my new car,and also please tell how they will install,as I will keep a check over them when they do so ,I just don't want to be fooled by the technicians who fit these,because they think they are sound engineers and do whatever they like .
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Cutting / patching in depends on hardware you choose and also the HU factory harness. An expert installer will splice just right into the existing wiring or you can ask and search around for harness adapters. Ask around for the best installers in Lucknow and speak to them. Someone who has experience with installing ICE in EVO can explain better. However there aren't many EVOs around yet (mostly) for anyone to boast authority about installing in it. 99% of ICE installers work in the owners presence.

Remember to use good quality fuses or distribution box (if and where needed) of any reputed audio brand. Good quality branded wiring of right gauges for power and audio signal purposes. Stick to reputed brands of cables preferably OFC type.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  3. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey,thanks for the info.:).
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    GTB 8a ??? I always heard good reviews of this model, but did anyone installed yet in there Punto... Coz few months back I upgraded ICE of my car. Dats JVC HU, and Polk speakers, now the confusion is, as soon I push the volume on high bass (hip hop) tracks, the stuffs inside the doors starts rattling. I re-checked the speakers installation, but seems they are fine. The motors of the power window and lock are the reason behind the rattles. So need to know if anyone installed any bass tubes into there Punto, and how is there experience.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @Rahul vfx - get a good quality damping for all the doors.. will take care of the rattles and enhance music quality. go for a proper subwoofer enclosure than a bass tube.. will be better.. not much of a price diff also
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Harry, I'm thinking of GTB 8a now, coz it's handy nd very mobile. Easy to detach & attach, mainly during long drives with large luggage bags we need that extra boot space. Planning to reach EVO and get things done...
    harryaviator likes this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I can recommend an extreme bass solution with the entry level Pioneer Champion or Champion Pro series subs. When you say not satisfied, is it with SPL or the bass not being tight enough for your listening preferences. I would always suggest an SQL based system rather than SPL based which would include brands like Morel and Focal available more easily locally. For the subs if you want good (quality) bass best to go for Infinity Kappa sub with perfect sized enclosure as per its theile small parameters.

If you have to listen to loud music to enjoy it, it will damage hearing permanently sooner than you think it will.

Do you need recommendation for HU too, a 1 din with good quality sound?