1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. anirban130

anirban130 Timido

jamshedpur
    Hey jonny

How about rockford fosgate comps.. for impedence matching, jbl compos are at 3ohm where as rf prime r165-s is 4ohm n same i am going with rf 5.25 for rear doors with sony amp if necessary
  2. anirban130

anirban130 Timido

jamshedpur
    Hey buddy,

I m also planning for the same, rockford fosgate.. now my question is with the stock HU, will the prime series to the justice or shall i go for punch series. I m from jamshedpur, n am not so very confident about the installer in here. Jbl impedence is 3 ohm and my punto gives 30wx4 @4ohm.. so RF all the way.. if any from jamshedpur please tell
  3. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    I am using RF Prime comps + coaxs for 18 months now, with stock HU and no amp. I am satisfied. I feel the Punch series would be a waste without an amp, just my 2 cents.

By the way my installer was able to fit in 6" coaxs in the rear using spacers, might wanna try that.
  4. drnavins

drnavins Timido

India
    gulbarga
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ice config of my punto emotion 2013 :
    Infinity - Kappa 60.11cs - 6.5 inch Component Speaker (270 W) for both front and back with default head unit.
    12 inch infinity Subwoofer with Kenwood amp mono amp

I want install multichannel amp to existing speakers. Which is recommended and what power amp?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in that infiniti, 270W is the max output, continues/rms output is 90W .... and that too its 2 ohm impedence.
    look out for some 4 channel amp with power rating of around 90W at 2 ohm...
    My suggestion would be Focal solid 4 which comes with 100W X 4 at 2 ohm impedence or there is one JL audio which is also in that range. Check infiniti range itself, you will find something as the company would definitely have launched some amp to support its speakers.
    Ravi and drnavins like this.
  7. dhirajvarma

dhirajvarma Timido

Mumbai
    Hi everyone! can anybody let me know whether there are any alternatives for my linea Top end model (sep. 2010), as mine is not working and service centre guys are quoting me around 20 to 25K for the same. But i want my steering mounted controls also working with the alternative system as well.

Please if you guys knows anything then help me out as i travel alone most of the time and got bored with the radio as they play almost same tracks every other time.

Regards,
    Dhiraj Varma
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @dhirajvarma, you can choose any single din or 2 din depending on choice and budget and features which can be connected to connects2 wiring kit for retaining steering controls. Go to connects2 website and find compatible Headunits. Check compare models online, better still order online and get it fitted for a good accessories shop.
  9. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I too want to upgrade my music system in my new punto which will be delivered till 31st of Dec,I just want to add a basetube for that extra bass and nothing else,any suggestions??please tell a amplifier and a good base tube in price range of 10,000.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure about Bass tubes, but the ones I got to hear sounded awful. I would recommend an active sub under-seat model or a Cadence Momentum 12" 2ohm DVC if you are an extreme bass lover. Beyond a point of amplification the listening can set in fatigue quite easily. Buy something that offers controlled sound and compliments the overall system. There is also an 8" Blaupunkt active sub gtb 8a or 8200a with controls that can be good to adjust according to your taste. The models from Blaupunkt are active ones with Class D amps inbuilt, making it a cleaner install.