1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Got installed Blaupunkt Blue Magic CX 170 6.5-Inch 260-Watt Component Speaker System in my T-Jet (front) and very satisfied with the outcome.
    IMG_3483[1].jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, teky, after 8 months, what you said has come true. :D

I am splurging on an AMP and SUB with damping of doors, soon. I seriously hope I stop with that and I should turn blind or deaf when I read or hear from someone that, the stock HU is the weakest link in the system now. :p
    1 person likes this.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the world of ICE Mr. Driv3r!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thanks Ananth. I have procured the Hertz HE4 4-ch amplifier and an Infinity Reference 1262W 12inch sub. I have no idea as to what amplifier wiring kit to buy, the gauge and stuff. Planning to do damping of doors too. Any suggestions?
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where are you planning to get your ICE done? If B'lore then contact Satya of EVO. He does some good job. In Chennai there are couple of guys. Let me know where you plan to get this done and we will work that out.

Cables I would suggest Kicker or Scosche cables. For damping get Dampmat - Dynamat Extreme for India. Details here. You can contact Monty for this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I ll be doing it in Chennai only, maybe in January or February. Due to Vitamin M constraints, procuring the products in phases and then planning to do the install.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hertz HE4 amp does not need any hi-lo converters. It can take hi-level speaker line input.
  8. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Request for comparison

Hi Experts,

I need your comments about the following comparison.

JBL GTO S649C and Infinity PR 6500 CS

I'm getting different reviews from different shops. Anyone who has experienced the difference ?

Thanks in advance

-Savin-
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Infinity and JBL, both are from HARMAN. Difference is, JBL is positioned entry level, while Infinity as premium.

If I were you, I would choose Infinity components at front and probably JBL co-axs at rear.

Don't go by what you hear from shops, they try to push which brand gives them better margin.
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Assuming you have amp. for your car..

Go for Pioneer D1720C for front..and polk db coaxials at rear.
    Alternatively Pionner TS A1605C at back.

The specs on these components are impressive as well.

I have listened to JBL GTO S649C and you cannot really complain about them, but I find the above mentioned Pioneers give much better bang for buck! Infinity PRIME I have never felt anything special about either.
    AFAIK, Infinity anything Kappa series is the stuff Infinity (Harmon Kardon) are known for. So unless it is Kappa I for one would not spend money on Infinity.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.