1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. bcbiradar

bcbiradar Timido

Bengaluru
    OK.

Amp: DLS XM 40 4 channel
    Sub: DLS SW 12
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Need to know best & budget (15k) series in these two brands. Comps & coaxials.
    Hertz
    Polk audio
    drnavins likes this.
  3. I am using Hertz ESK 165 Comp and Hertz DCX 130 Co-axial.
  4. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    Best is what you like the most. It might be different from what I like my speakers to sound. Basically, no one can (should?) tell what is best for you. You should decide that.

In terms of brands, both are reputed and people are happy with them.

In your specified budget, you should be easily able to get both sets of speakers and damping all doors. ;) While you are at it, audition all the brands you can. I would add Rockford Fosgate, JBL and Cerwin-Vega to your list.

For Hertz, you can go for the setup like Praveen - Energy (mid level) series for comps and Dieci (entry-level) series for coaxs. No idea about Polk, sorry but you get the idea. :)
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the information Praveen & 5shadow.

Can we install this amp Hert HE 4.1 to OEM HU? Will that support speaker line out? Is any one using this amp
  6. My friend have Hertz HE4.1 amp with OEM HU. For that you many need some converters.
  7. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Need suggestion for installing Good Quality component speakers in my Linea Dynamic'MY2012
    Not looking to get any holes or door panels drilled, just a simple replacement for the existing Speakers

Suggestions are welcome
    Budget -5k-6k
    Front two speaker replacement

Also open to other suggestions from music lovers - not into loud music listening as it hampers horns and other external warnings.

I can also replace with normal speakers if anyone has good suggestions !!
  8. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Since you are not considering the amp go for Polk or Hertz coaxial.

They are with in your budget & also sufficient for ONE HU output

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. Please help me find the most suitable component speakers for my 2012 Punto emotion(blue&me). I don't want to add an amp, I just want to upgrade my front speakers. When i listen to RHCP, where ever bass guitar is used, my car makes an annoying jarring sound. I want this to be fixed. Kindly suggest.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sriram,

See this thread.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/car-entertainment/5560-official-team-fiat-oem-fiat-ice-upgrade-guide.html

I am using JBL speakers and satisfied with the output. Please, do consider door damping as well. Other options for speakers are Hertz DSK series, Rockford Fosgate Prime series.

Make sure you don't buy expensive speakers as you won't be adding an amplifier. Spend a max of around 5-6k on component speakers only.

EDIT- See what most TFI members have opted for by clicking here
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013