1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ICE Gurus
    I am planning to buy "Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 4-Channel Amplifier" for Punto EM. Does anyone knows approx the price here in India? On amazon I can get this for 240 USD. Also can you help me with choosing appropriate wire harness/connector to drive this from OEM HU. At present I am not adding the SUB, so please discount the cable/connectors require to connect a SUB. I see some suggestion here.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    usually the norm is to buy an 8 gauge wire , but somehow I have a good feeling that its better to go with a 10 gauge wire.
    It should set you back about 3-4K
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    10 gauge is thinner than 8 gauge. How can that be better? The wire gauge selection depends on current drawn and the cable length. Anything above 85 amps and 4 feet distance would need 8 gauge at least and not 10 gauge. As a matter of fact, the website for this product recommends 4 gauge for power and 8 - 18 gauge for speakers.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is news to me!! Sorry for the wrong info the guy at reliance autozone suggested 10 gauge and what i've written is his explanation.
    Looks like he had 10gauge in stock and was trying to push that only
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i have a question.
    If i pick up a HU with 2 pre-outs then 1 channel will be for front speakers and 1 channel will be for rear speakers? Is this correct?
    and now if i pick up a 4 pre-outs then does this mean i will have channels for,
    FR, FL, RR, RL speakers, individually ??

Finally, if i have no intensions of installing a sub or an amp , is there still a reason to buy a HU with 4 channel?
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    anyone can help me with my Q's please.
    I'm looking to get the ICE done this weekend
  7. Four channels will be for four speakers..if you want to install a sub you need to add a mono amp, or you could buy a 2preout hu use it to power the components for front and then add a 4ch amp for the rear speakers and subwoofer(only if you want it)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. If I understood correctly due to lack of pre-out on Punto OEM HU, I have to use a HiLO converter in order to retain the OEM HU. Is there any wire harness to connect the speaker output from HU to SLC-4 so that I don't have to splice any wire?
  9. You have to splice the wire to put any wire harness..its our bad luck buddy, other than the oem looks the hu is fit to be kept in a bank locker(such a priceless item eh)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    There is no need to splice any wires. All it needs is the right adapter to plug into the stock wiring adapter. A decent installer will know how to do it.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.