1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi gurus..
    I'm planning to upgrade the front oem speakers of my punto 90hp to components.
    Right now my car is in trivandrum and this weekend i'm driving her all the way to Chennai. IMO Music will be a good companion for this long drive and hence this sudden decision to upgrade the speakers of my car. The budget is very tight as of now but I have scheduled the damping and 'amping' works later after a couple of months.

I have shortlisted two components

1) Focal access 165A1
    2) Kicker ds65.2

I could not find enough reviews about the two in internet. From what I heard kickers have very good low end while focals are very bright with crisp mid range and decent bass.
    I'm a bass lover but not at the cost of mid range and high.
    My budget is strictly less than 8k.

Can you guys pour in your reviews and guide me in this regard?

Thanks in advance

cheers...
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    OT,

After extensively using the stock speakers and HU I have the following comments to make.
    For casual listeners i felt that the treble output from OEM speakers is pretty good, if you can manage to change the equalizers manually.
    Its only for BASS that i found the OEM speakers to be useless.

Considering this in mind and that i'm only a casual listener , are there speakers that I can pick up which will provide good BASS as well?
    I'm not considering an AMP or a sub woofer. So please advice.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Replies in "bold" above. Hope it helps.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok i have a doubt. Why should i go for components only for the front?
    what happens If i stick to components on on 4 sides?
    Barring the obvious of it being expensive would it serve any purpose at all or will it be an overkill?
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You could run comps in the rear as well. As I said, there isn't a place to mount the tweeter in the new gen Fiats. You will need to do some mods to the door to put them in.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, I have selected Infinity Kappa 60.11cs 6.1/2'' Component for the front doors and Infinity Kappa 50.11cs 5.1/4'' Components for rear doors. Currently i will run these without amp on my stock head unit and after one month i will add an amp and a sub.

How are these??

Price I am getting these at:

Infinity Kappa 60.11cs 6.1/2'' Components pair: Rs.10350/-
    Infinity Kappa 50.11cs 5.1/4'' Components pair: Rs.9350/-
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you can stretch your budget a little have 6.1/2" components in your rear doors also. You can not extract much juice from those speakers with out amp, but overall you can see improve sound quality. Adding amp. will do the full justice to those components.
  8. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I will be definitely using them with an amp but I'll purchase amp after one month. As advised by you earlier I am looking for a good amp that accepts speaker level inputs but most of them are priced on the higher side and this might overshoot my budget because i have yet to purchase a sub, damping etc.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    went to reliance autozone and tested a few equipments.
    Some i shortlisted were.

Components = hertz Esx165 cost 8000
    HU = DEH - 2590UI cost 6290
    co-axials = ?? ??

I really love to pick up hertz and build my system around it.
    This is from reliance autozone so i'm sure i can get the same products at a far cheaper price .

Here is my requirement.
    1.) Good bass for weekend drives (but not going for subs)
    2.) Excellent voice clarity and treble as i listen to a lot of vocals and Jazz
    3.) i want a 4 channel HU only.

What i tested?
    Sony, Boston and neither appealed to me, sony left me with a lot to desire in terms of SQ, cannot believe they make such horrible speakers.
    I have no ideas of picking up an oval speaker nor do i want a sub (anytime in the future).
    Having these in mind can anyone please suggest a good deal.

The one i've mentioned is just super expensive and i'm somehow not too happy .
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  10. Hertz comp ,is quoted more for you. I brought Hertz ESK 165 for 6500 Rs. Out put of it is really good with a 4 channel amp