1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. anirban130

anirban130 Timido

go for Rockford fosgate t-165s power series as component speaker and jbl gto949 at rear parcel tray with alpine or jvc 4 way channel amp..get ur front door damped and disconnect the rear door speaker... they sound superb... low volume or high u will be thoroughly entertained.... budget around 16k-18k max..
  2. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suggestions and recommendations required.

Hi Friends,
    Good Day,

I'm planning to upgrade the audio in my Punto ( Emotion )whereas a partial upgrade has been done already. Please see the first diagram ( done from dealer during delivery of the car in 2010). The second diagram shows the present configuration.

Links to the products used :

AmplifierSony XM-GTX6042/Q1IN Archived XM-GTX6042 : Xplod™ Amplifier : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
    SubwooferSony XS-LE121C//Z1INArchived XS-LE121C : Subwoofer : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India
    Speakers( Front ) Sony XSGTF16262/C1IN Archived XS-GTF16262 : Speakers : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India
    HU Pioneer DEH-2490UB http://www.pioneer-india.in/shop/deh-2490ub/
    Now I feel the sound quality is not so great in the mid and high ranges. I'm thinking of upgrading the front door speakers to Component speakers and to move the existing Front door speakers to the rear.

Considerations ( as quoted by Sachin's autoshop Koramangala ) : JBL GTO 649C 440W ( Rs 5000 ) OR JBL GTO 609C 360w ( Rs 4500 ) ( I was not able to see 649C in the internet)

Could you suggest other options ? or what do you think about this set-up.

Please share your comments.

Thanks in advance,

- - - Merged Post - - -

I think the attachment is not opening. Doing it again now.
    Car audio upgrade diagram.jpg
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I will suggest you if you are considering the OEM HU then don't go for SONY amp as it doesn't have any controls.
    Sony amps are good with any HU with preset equalizers.

With OEM HU & Sony amp the sound output will not that pleasant.
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. Hey savin if you are looking for component speakers you can consider Rockford fosgate r162s, it will fall within 7k(at the max),you wont be disappointed with the output..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi rishike007,
    I'm sorry if the diagrams confused you. The first diagram is the initial upgrade I did (2.5 years back), and the second diagram is the latest upgrade I did (few months back).

So I'm with pioneer HU and Sony amplifier.

Looking for suggestions to upgrade the speakers now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  6. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Arnab,

I'll surely check it out.

What connections are recommended?.
    Connecting the speakers to the HU or the amp?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. Connect the front components to the amp(2ch), subwoofer to amp(2ch), and the rear speakers to the hu till the time you buy a 2ch amp or if you dont want to invest in a 2ch amp dont waste too much money for rear speakers as the hu cant drive high end speakers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Upgraded my HU and Speakers.

HU : Pioneer DEH-X6500BT
    Front speakers : JBL GTO 609 C
    Rear Speakers : JBL CS-5

HU got it from US for 5.5k
    Speakers 6500/- with warranty and installation from Sachin auto shoppe Kormangala.

Happy with Sound Quality.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Is the cost of 6500 include both front components and the rear speakers as well?
  10. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Please suggest me a configuration specifically for Hip Hop/Rap music.

Budget: Rs.50,000-Rs.60,000

What I want:-

1. I want to retain my stock head unit. This is the most important thing for me so please do not suggest me to throw away the head unit.

2. Components in both front and rear doors.

3. A sub-woofer with deep bass.

4. A four channel amp for the speakers and a two channel amp for the sub-woofer.

5. Good quality wiring and damping.

I want to do this in three stages, will spend Rs.15,000-Rs.20,000 each month and want all this done within three months.

Please try to mention the model no. and individual prices of the items suggested.