1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Costed 8.5k. :) This included the front components, rear coaxials, spacers and installation charges.

The 509C costed 5.5k. I have had a good experience with JBL elsewhere and hence had some respect for the brand other than the fact they are associated with Harman.

Another reason would be because only the JBL tweeters could be accommodated in our stock doorpad in the provided slot.

I considered Kicker, Infinity and Boston other than JBL. All the prices are with B&W.

uploadfromtaptalk1363282713378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363282733615.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  2. venka

venka BANNED

Any reviews on JBL GTO 609 c Components ?? configuration wise and out put wise i felt 609 C is more power full. If some one has used it or reviewd it please let me know your thoughts on the same.

As JBL GTO 609C is 270-watt, 6-1/2" two-way component speaker system with tweeters and JBL GTO509C is 225-watt, 5-1/4" two-way midrange speaker with 3/4" tweeter
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My buddy Auto Freak installed the 609C components the next day on his sport. I would wait for his review.

Both 509C and 609C are component speakers and identical except for the size.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Yes I did! It was the 649C though.
    On the rear I have Morel 6x9s that were installed 2 months back.

The JBLs were installed only last night and from the limited listening I could do, they pumped out bass and the tweeters are awesome. Am in love with them :)

Pictures here
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/showpost.php?p=165277

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys missed this thread for a long time. Here is my setup which is aorund 1.5yrs on my Punto Active. It was done sometime in 2011

HU:- Pioneer 7250SD
    Front Comps:- JBL GTO 609C
    Rear Coaxis:- Infinity reference 9633i
    Amp:- JBL gt5 s644 (4 Channel)
    Sub:- Pioneer Ts-WX-303 (Factory sealed Enclosure)
    Wiring:- Scosche kit

I wanted some setup which had a basic as well as some premium feel. I will tell you this setup is so wonderful with right amount of Punch to it not excess or less.

Only problem is instead of connecting the Comps to the amp my installer had connected the Co Axis to the amp. Now the problem is rear sounds are more than the front. Been very much lethargic to change the installation. Will be doing it during the next upgrades.

Next upgrade after few month's. List on mind is change of Comp's, damping and addition of Mono amps.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

I'm planing to upgrade my car stock speakers. Please help me out with our inputs !!!

I own a Emotion Pk and i'm looking for speakers upgrade only since i may loose Bule&me if i change stock HU. I have a Sony XM 444 Amp from my old car, would this really fit and satisfy my stock HU ?

sony.jpg

sony1.jpg

If Yes, could u suggest me some good speakers which matches this AMP ? I want to go for front components and back door coaxial speakers.
    Since i don't have much knowledge on car audio it would be really helpful with your inputs to have a smile :) on my face when ever i hear songs in my punto
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Venkat, Sony xplod will not serve your purpose at all as it doesn't have any settings expect amplifying the input.

I was having the same & tried with the OEM HU & the o/p was pathetic or beyond that. I had to sale that amp at that moment only. This sony amp is good for the HU with equalizers.
    If you are planing to go for JVC HU then your steering controls can be retained as well as the amp also.

Italia-Linea will help you for the same. :)

But I will advise don't you this amp with OEM HU as it will spoil your expectations from the amp as well as hu too.
  8. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Rishikesh for your Advice !! :) :)

Could u also suggest some good JVC HU and speakers. And it would be really heedful if u can post some pix if u have done this in your car :)
    Would i end up with voiding the blue&me warranty if i change the player ?
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I din't have the JVC HU. But will ask Italia-Linea to update you on this. As he has switched to JVC which can have Bluetooth connectivity & the steering controls are still functional.

I retained the OEM HU. So my setup is different.
    Go through the link for my setup http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/3909-meet-my-new-ride-2.html post#16
  10. Is it a 2 din or single?? Only thing I like about my hu when it is off is its oem fill..once on I seriously start thinking do I need to carry this with me forever?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2