1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. I am planning to upgrade my music system in my car. Currently I have installed Hertz DSK165 Comp in front and Hertz DCX 130. I am not satisfied with the out put from the comps;hence decided to upgrade my ICE setup to the next level. I have sorted out some of the models after doing some research. I request you friends to give a feedback on the models.

Comp: Polk Db6501 Comp or Infinity Primus 6500CS 6.5 or Cerwin-Vega 6-1/2" Comp Which one will be best among these 3.
    Coax:Retaining the old ones Hertz DCX130
    Amp decided to go for Hertz HE4.1 800W
    Wiring kit: Audison or Infinity
    Subwoofer still in confusion whether to go for an normal subor Active sub to save the rear boot space.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Found this, when browsing for something else. Posting here hoping it will help retain steering wheel controls with after market HU.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Guys, am just looking to throw out the stock speakers and upgrade something that would involve less work.

I spoke to an installer and he suggested the following.

JBL GTO 509C two way components for the fronts and JBL CS5 for the rear.

Will that be a good option? Am a complete ICE noob. Just need better bass and quality than the stock.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I used JBL components in my previous car, Getz. But, that was with the Alpine HU. I really don't know how this would perform with the Fiat HU.

I have experienced a setup with Hertz components at front and Co-axials at rear in a Linea and it sounded awesome. That was a setup without any installation of Amplifier.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I find it odd he's suggesting 5 1/4 incher speakers up front, when the stock ones are 6? inchers.
    A pair of 6 1/2 inch comps can be easily installed in the front doors and will give you better bass (not to mention quality) for sure.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Got the speaker upgrade done and boy, I don't feel like skipping any tracks from now on. The sound is crisp and clear and the bass is tight. Just loved it when I heard 'Return to innocence' from Enigma.

@Arkin, buddy the reason for using a 5 quarter instead of a 6 half up front is because the latter has a higher RMS output and simply wouldn't match our stock HU 's output.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Well this is just the start - Let's see how long you hold this before splurging on Amp and may be a different HU. ICE is an addiction man and I was satisfied with Kicker and Morel initially until I heard other set-up's before changing the entire stuff in the car. Am I satisfied not yet fully - awaiting the Polyglass upgrade eagerly.
    4 people like this.
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Please Share the Cost details or PM will also do :) . I am planning upgrade shortly.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  9. I have ICED my car with the following setup and totally happy with the out put it gives to me.

Head Unit: Eonon D1205 1 Din 7 " Touch screen player
    Front Comps: Hertz ESK 165
    Rear Coax: Hertz DCX 130
    Amplifier: ArcAudio 5 Channel XXD5080
    Subwoofer: RockFord Fosgate Punch series 10"
    Used Scoche RCA kit.

Additionally brought reverse camera which is wired to the touch screen player.
  10. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Since there's no amp, seems like a wise choice.
    How much did the 509c cost you? Did you consider any other brand(s)?
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013