1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. saud

Is there a possibility of a remote for changing music in my linea 1.3 MJD emotion pk. It has a blaupunkt system in it..
  2. singh

singh Amatore

Is it possible to replace stock head unit of punto or linea and replace with after market , with a wide screen or stuff ????????
    it can be single din only , but now single din also comes with nice screens .
    Anyone tried
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Aniket from our forum has a single din motor operated touch screen head unit
  4. wokaow

Hi guys,

Not sure if its fine asking my queries here.

Bought a Fiat Linea MJD 2012 Emotion-White last month. :)

Need your suggestions for ICE-ing my car.
    Please help.

Budget- 25K to 30K.

My requirements- Crystal clear sound at full volume (No compromise! :p), decent bass. Car is used by my dad, he listens to all types of music. Dinchaak, soft-rock to pleasant ones. :)

1. Retaining the OEM HU.
    2. Buying the Blue&Me adapter for iPod (Thanks to J Ravi-TFIian).
    3. Not considering sub-woofers (problem with the placement, dad doesn't like to compromise on the factory look, be it interiors/exteriors or the space in boot with wires visible/running around)

Suggestions needed-

1. Planning to replace all the 4 speakers with component speakers without (or with) amplifier depending on the speakers finally I decide (with your help). I learned from this forum that, component speakers are much better than co-axials, so, going for 4 components. 6.5" components for front and 5.25" or 6.5" components for rear. Suggestion on Brands and Specifications please?

2. Wanted to fit Aux cable to the HU, local dealer(Bangalore) checked the HU and said, there's no provision for that. So decided to go for Blue&Me adapter, costs around 5K for Just a dongle kind of thing. :( Has anyone got Aux cable fitted? Please? Reason to go for Aux option (even if there's a USB port) is to select songs or playlist from iPod instead of blindly skipping songs until you find your song in the pen-drive/mp3 player/iPod.

3. Damping for all 4 doors. Suggestion on Brand and Installer in Bangalore?

4. Installer in Bangalore for neat and professional ICE installation?

Thanks to paddleshifter, J Ravi, johnny, viny, phew, italia-linea and many other TFIians for their inputs to the forum. Now I know something about ICE. :)

Anything if I've missed in my post, please let me know.

Waiting for your response.
    Thanks a lot guys.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. BarneyX

Hi Gurus,

I am also on the path of upgrading my ICE. I have presently decided on components for the front, and coaxials for the rear. I am not planning an amp at this moment, however that is in the pipeline. I have a few doubts:

1. Can we change the HU without affecting the warranty? I have the Emotion variant so losing Steering controls is not an issue. If yes, how will an aftermarket HU fit in the dash of the Punto?

2. I have seen the Polk Audio DB651S (coax) and liked the sound. What is your take on this? I suppose Polk also has good Components as well. Any clues on the price of either? Moreover any other cheaper suggestions (I think Polk is pretty costly) without degrading the SQ?

3. I understand from the previous posts that good quality speakers will greatly enhance the SQ of the Stock HU. However, I am inclined to change the HU as I need USB, Aux and BT functionality (I have Delphi F199IN unit). What are your suggestions?

4. Will I have to change wiring to the good wiring mentioned before on this thread even if I dont install an Amp?

For me music clarity with respectable bass (for the infrequent dhingchak jigs :D ) which should not crank with higher volume (around level 25). However, I dont have immediate plans for a sub.

Thanks in advance for this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Of late I am unable to get enough time to get a peek into this forum. Just got some time today and I am pasting an information that will definitely help one and all.

This is pertaining to Damping materials used. For my Linea I had ordered Dynamt Xtreme from the US. Alternatively, one can use DampMat a indigenous product available at a good price. More details are available here:

Link to the product - DampMat – Damping material from Audio SymPro
    Guys have been using this product for quite some time now. Reivews links too given below:

DampMat - The new VFM Damping Material from India...
    DampMat : Damping Sheets. An alternative to Dynamat Xtreme - Team-BHP

Purchase detail/contact also provided in all the links. Hope TeamFiat members take benefit of this.
  7. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    I got a JBL - GT Series amp and a Pioneer sub, not much idea about the exact model of both. I can provide the exact model details only later as I dont have them with me right now. Would like to know if I can add just these two to the stock music system without adding any speakers. Mine is a 2010 Linea Emotion and I came to know that 2010 Linea comes with a Blaupunkt HU. I have gone through numerous threads but I could not conclude if I need to upgrade the speakers too.
    ICE Gurus, please suggest a correct combination as I am not considering upgrading the speakers unless it is absolutely necessary. I can manage to get info on which ones to go for once I decide to upgrade the speakers as well. Most importantly, I need information on who can I go to in Chennai to get the upgrade done. Please be explicit with the area/address as I am pretty new in Chennai.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Firstly how many channels does your amplifier have 4/2/mono, accordingly you will need a line out converter and a wiring kit. With these things your audio should do fine.
    costs would be anywhere around 3k-6k depending upon whats brand you choose.
    1 person likes this.
  9. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Thanks Phew! It is a 640-watt, four-channel amplifier - model is GT5-A604 GT5-A604 | 640-watt, four-channel amplifier | JBL US.
    The subwoofer is Pioneer TS - W303R TS-W303R - 12" Component Subwoofer with 1200 Watts Max. Power | Pioneer Electronics USA
    I am thinking of getting this done tomorrow.
    Again, this is to TFians from Chennai - Can you please suggest a place where I can get this done ? Thanks

Edit: Is it possible to go with the stock speakers and HU and without going for a damper ? I plan to upgrade in stages.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Your best bet would be Saravanan from powerzone, number of members including myself have done the install from him although he sources the equipment for us. His contact number is 9841534934 and his shop is located in Royapettah. It's a bit cumbersome to reach his place though, but the install will be super clean.