1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes OE speaker size is 5.25" in rear doors, but 6.5" speakers can be fitted.
  2. NJOY

Can anyone help me in ICE, since I don't have any idea in this field. I am planing to add 1.Amplifier 2. sub woofer, 3. speakers to my Linea Emotion Pack with in budget of Rs. 20,000/-. My preference 1. Good Sound Clarity, 2. Good Bass, 3.I don't want to change Linea Head Unit since there it is under warranty, so there should not be any wire cutting.
  3. As far as i know the speaker takes different connectors and the wires needs to be cut to solder/connect to the speaker. Go for Polk comps in the front and jvc 4 way visuals for the rear. the speakers alone will cost you 11500. Polk comps are really good.
  4. If possible audition Polk components and the Polk conceals, I have installed them on my punto emotion pack. I have wasted 1.5 years with the crap stock speakers, after changing the speakers to Polk components in the front and the coaxials in the back. The sound quality is fantastic, trust my words you will see a vast difference in sound quality. I installed the speakers in auto fusion in Bangalore, reasonable prices and good installation. My next upgrade will be the head unit after the warranty period. I would require the experts help in choosing a good HU while keeping the blue & me, steering controls.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

linea and punto dont have RCA out so how is amplifier added to system , and how much power stock head unit have to run may be components.
  6. I did not add any external amplifiers, first upgrade the speakers and if you are not satisfied then the head unit. If you are still dissatisfied go for amp.

7. omzworld

My 2 cents:
    I have upgraded my HU and speakers in Emotion. Crap would be overstating the ICE of Punto E:mad:
    Did helluva lot of research and for my budget install got:
    1 - JVC KDR 826 HU
    2 - Morel Maximo Components (FRONT)- 6.4K
    3 - Hertz D series 5.25 Coax (REAR) - 2.4K

On auditioning after tuning (did all set up at Auto Planet - Koramangala), Hotel California did sound unbelievable considering I was powering 90W RMS speaker through 20W HU.
    The installer, Mr Kumar (does a lot of high end stuff as well) was extremely impressed with sound and called his wife to audition the set up!
    Now waiting desperately to amp the set up and include a Sub. My detail review of car and ICE is pending as of now.

Waiting for 1 loong trip before penning down my thoughts. I short - I m loving it!!
  8. eyeguy

@ Christi

Please post the model numbers of your polk audio speakers as I am planning the same upgrade in my Tjet plus.
    Also, where did you fit the crossover for the components.
    How did he connect the wires (did he splice the covering sheath of the original speaker wires and create a joint and then tape it up)

Can the oem HU drive polk compos without amp.

Would really appreciate the details of the speakers as I have to take a call on my ICE upgrade asap.
  9. @Eyeguy I had installed Polk db 6501 in the front with the crossover installed in the door. In the rear I had installed coaxials 651, I did not feel the need for an amp. I am not aware of the wiring details, my next plan is to change the HU in 6 months.

10. eyeguy

Thanks Christi!