1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    go for 6.5" comps in all four doors if possible.
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Contd... from Page-45
    @Phew , this Saturday I went to Driven to adress my issues ; and all my issues were attended properly . Suhan was not there though I had talked to him on phone. I met Mr Rana there and I was very much impressed as he gave a very patient hearing to all my problems. I really appreciate that . He was of course upset as to why I had escalated the issue to TFI . Did you discuss my issue with him :p . Thanks a lot for that !!

The spacer rings were installed in my rear door as well . This removed the speaker rattling as well . BTW am attaching a pic of my rear installation . Do you know if the red circled stuff "pannel locks " are available as a spare part in TASS? In my first installation a 2 of them had been broken.

The speaker wires had gone loose which were causing short as a result of whenever the car used to go on bumps the speakers used to go off . The same was also fixed. The biggest surprise came when I told to him about the blown of amplifier. Without even arguing he replaced it with another amplifier . Now whether the new ampli is really new or not I dont care . Its working fine :). But its still connected to the 10Amp node which I guess is not very intelligent thing to do considering that the ampli has a peak current of 30A . Anyways I did not discuss this with Mr Rana.
    Mr Rana did tell me that lot many complaints have been pouring about the ampli. One thing that I noticed was that the new ampli that he has installed does NOT at all get hot . It remains warm but never gets hot like my old blown amplifier . Wonder what can be reason. Of course now I have put 4 raised stubs at the four corners so that the base of the ampli does not touch the floor ; but I wonder if that is the only reason.
    Anyways now the ICE is sounding pretty good and there is no rattling as well :). There is a new installer who has joined . I dont recollect his name . But he is a young boy with dark complexion and seems to be pretty confident and fast in his work. Originally my installation was done by one Subhash who has left Driven. One thing I notice is that the bass in the rear co-axials is more than the front compos . What can there be the reason for this ?

Also Mr Rana was saying that a new compact sub-woofer has come in the market which can be installed under the seat . Do you have any reviews about the same ?

15102011082.jpg
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my replies up there
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Are you planning to put components on front and co-axial on back? If you are going for only speakers on front door, pick 6.5 inch component sets. Sinc eI have not heard any of these, I cannot offer you an opinion of how they will sound.
    You can drive a co-axial or a component straight from HU, but they will sing better with the help of an amplifier.
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    RANA ji Roxxx ... :)
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @Phew I really dont know the brand. BTW today I had a chance to sit in my friends Figo and I was totally blown away by the stock music system. Forget the CD ; even the FM was sounding awesome on it . DO you know what type of setup is there in the Figo ? and how is it able to produce such a decent sound with stock speakers without a separate sub woofer enclosure/

I mean there is no separate subwoofer. There are only 4 speakers in the 4 doors. Yet the same song played in my car with the 2 rainbow compos at fronts and 2 rainbos coax at the back ; with the blaupunkt amplifier and the stock HU just-just cannot give that same crisp bass and treble that I found in the Figo stock music system. Is it because of the fact that the HU of Figo is better than the HU of Punto ? Because I guess the rainbow speakers that are installed in my system are no less then others..
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did check up the brand its zenos or something similar and I heard them in a polo installed under the seat and were sounding good enough for the money.

As for the figo, the HU and the speakers are far better(even though they might look alike) and tuned more on the bassier side, also imp. to note is the fact tht punto has a bigger door therefore the bass is lost somewhat due to the bigger surround, the figo's door is rather tightly packed and smaller helping it to provide more kick bass via the midbasses/co ax's.
    Indeed the figo has the best OEM in the hatchback segment.
    Changing the HU will bring out alot of possitives from ur current set of speakers, or even upgrading to a better processor would fetch u far superior results
    1 person likes this.
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    You mean it is possible even with the stock HU ?
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes it is, a bit ten or bit one processor can bring significant progress in the cars sound output, and make the comps work with a cleaner signal
  10. omzworld

omzworld

Does Punto have space in rear to accomodate 6.5" compos?
    I thought the stock is of 5.25". Also will compos be good in rear or having JBL 6*9" eliptycal speaker in parcel tray is better idea?

I am ordering a JVC KD R900 from US (saving 4.5K at least). Speakers will buy from here. Budget for speakers (All 4) 7,500