1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can we retain OE tweeters while changing the speakers?
    I am asking because I read that tweeters are fixed to door and difficult to remove and fix new one.
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Amp is required only if you go for a Sub.....correct?
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The OE tweeters can be easily removed Ravi - I've had them removed to fix the Kicker components on the front door.

Yes, But the OE HU doesn't have enough juice to drive good component speakers. What's the budget you've fixed for the ICE part - if you let us know that we can give some suggestions on brands and the component list.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Budget is not a constraint, but I am very average audio listener (even OE speakers is ok for me ::D ).
    I also read some posts that OE HU is working fine with component speakers.

I am planning to have front component speakers and rear coax speakers. I just don't want tweeters to be fixed outside the place where OE tweeters are there. Can't we re-use OE tweeters?
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    yes you can resuse the OE Tweeters anywhere else after all they are just tweeters :p
    But if you are thinking of using mid bass from componenet and orignal tweeter, keeping aside the tweeter that came up with component, then its NO NO.

Install components on front and co-axial on rear without amp, you will have ample juice and much better sound quality. If you need more SQ or SPL go for ampli in round 2

And for woofers you would need an ampli. if not that then use oval speakers on tray to gain some bass.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If the OE speakers are okay for you - I would save the moolah and invest elsewhere ::D

I've fitted the Kicker DS 600.2 in my car and it's fitted perfectly within the OE tape, although we had to tape it so that it doesn't fall off. The OE tweeter housing is really a crazy shape and do get an aftermarket tweeter fit perfectly is going to be tough. From my experience I found the OE tweeters good the only problem was with the mid-bass due to the speakers. However the components tweeters will be running via the Crossover - So I don't know if the stock tweeters can run from the cross over or how the wiring would be done. Since you're from Bangalore I would recommend talking to Satya - EVO in Cambridge Layout. I'm planning to get my rest of my ICE stuff done from him.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Also I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who is serious about the Bass. The amount of Bass we get is good - But it lacks clarity and the depth. For a good, tight bass a Sub & Amp is a must, I learnt it the hard way
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Teky: Obviously a mono amp with some good sub is the way to go for bass especially the low level, but if not that then oval is the next option to get some bass. No way I am saying that Oval can compete with ampli driven sub's
  9. SKSy_Biker

SKSy_Biker

Bangalore
    If we are talking about Ravi's GP Emotion then its simpler I guess. The Emotion doesn't come with tweeters! At least not in mine (installed new ICE yesterday) and the same was told by the audio installer. It only comes in GP Emotion Pack and Linea.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Old Emotion and E-Pack was having tweeters. New cars (both E & E-pack) doesn't have tweeters.

Can you post the pictures of tweeter placement.