1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

It will, depending on your music taste. You can add front components and let them drive by the HU now, and later when you are ready, you can amp them. There are lot of people who have coupled an amp with OEM HU in TFI.

What is your budget for the first step of front speaker upgrade?
  2. wildons

wildons

Hello All,

I have a Linea Emotion which I bought in Nov 2009 and would like to ICE it now - better late than never. I have gone through all the 48 Pages in this thread and
    enlightened by the knowledge of the members and feel that I could explain my requirements/Queries here so as to make a fair decision.

Requirement:

1. Need to Listen to songs from various sources - CD/USB devices

a. I listen to soft music - be it Tamil/Hindi/ English country music etc. When things get wild sometimes, MAX I do is to listen to "(Time) Dirty bit" from BEP.
    b. Bass is least priority
    c. Minute vocals/instruments should be enjoyed with excellent quality

2. Need to watch movies - for the rear passengers [ That mandates getting rid of the current HU and putting screens on the head rests of the front seats ]
    3. Installer can be from Chennai [ I live here] OR Bangalore
    4. Total Budget - 25-30 K

Items I am sure of:

1. I don't need an AMP if I can get an HU which has > 50 W *4 output and compatible speakers
    2. All 4 speakers need to be changed to match the new HU - As recommended in this thread , front comp [6.5""] and rear coax [6.5 "" with spacer rings]
    3. Damping in all 4 doors with Dynamat Extreme

Items NOT sure off which I request a reply:

HU:

a. Which HU brand/make would satisfy my need below
    a.1. HU with DVD comes in Dual DIN only? and if its true how can it be fitted in Linea Emotion without spoiling the look and feel
    a.2. The color scheme of Linea dash is Orange and is any such HU available which exactly match such a color scheme?

Speakers:

a. Is there a perfect match concept when we choose a brand to get max performance? For Eg : Pionneer HU works great with Hertz speakers and not so good with Infinity? Could you please provide some really good combination of Speakers/HU which you guys have already installed and happy about?

b. As I have to put a comp on the front, is there any issue in fixing the tweeters which come along with it in the default position?

c. I read Johny's post comparing Audi and Punto ICE experience comparison. I perfectly agree that Engine noise and tyre noise affects the quality of music experience. Any suggestions to cut down the Engine noise and tyre noise? Is there any special damping can be done apart from the door damping to resolve those issues?

Thanks,
    wildons
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    As you here mild music, go for a 4 channel Amp and a JBL sub , and JBL comps 6.5" with the oem hu. Sounds really great! Max price will go to 13k or 14k...
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Replies in B&I
  5. wildons

wildons

@Phew:

>>
    DYNAMAT EXTREME(1700/-) or STINGER ROADKILL(1400/-)
    >>

Any idea where this is applied/installed to reduce the engine/tyre noise. I have already planned door damping when i put new speakers.

Anyone please let me know good installers based in Chennai.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

@jishnu:

Retaining the HU does not full fill my Video requirement. Could you recommend good HU Models - preferably Pioneer or Kenwood.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is very hard to reduce engine/tyre noise, as in that case u will have to damp the floor, pillars, dash, doors, roof....but the results wont be worth the money spent, so do give this a thought
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Need some fast help her friends, fellow friend of mine TARUN, wishes to buy a 4 channel amplifier in the price range of 15K. Now the problem is there are alot of options available and he is confused as to which one is best suited to his needs and pocket. Ur valuable advice will work wonders.priority is SQ.

Following are the options:

1. Kenwood KAC-8405 (<10k)

2. Bull audio 4.200 (<10k)

3. Focal solid4 (<15k)

4. Audison SR4 (<15k)

5. Digital design cm4 (18k)

6. RF p400-4(>20k)

Please share ur valuable advices, as.i have suggested the bull amp as it has the beat lower rating and least price.
    Harmony & chaos
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

When i did my ICE yesterday, I asked him for an amp which will compliment my setup. Since my taste is a bit laid back and tight bass, he said the best bet will be ARC audio (I think the model was Arc Audio Ks300.4, but not 100% sure). The price is around 16K.

Arc is Class D, and is a Robert Zeff creation.

Do take a look.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anoop bro its always prefferable to go in for tried and tested brands, at around 16k I don think its all that wise to invest in a relatively new brand in indian market u know.
    Also any ideas about service and resale, a renowned brand is always easier to sell as and when u wish to upgrade.

Harmony & chaos
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

You have a point there, bro. However, ARC is a well known international brand. May be they will broaden their footprint in India.

I think I am mistaken in the model number - AS 300.4 sells for much higher than 16K internationally.