1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir a branded 2 channel amp(read kenny, pio, alpine) would not fit in this budget, yes a 4channel kenwood (KAC-M645)can be had for 7000/- MRP. As for good 2 channels one needs atleast 10-12k at the minimum. Besides what do u plan to run on the 2 channel remains a question. even a pioneer GM-3400T - 300W GM Series amp can be made available for 6-8k but then how good it is remains a question
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@phew: bro, please do not embarrass me by calling me sir etc :)

Well, I was thinking of powering my front compos using a 2-ch amp for time being, and later plan to bridge it to power my sub.

I am looking for about 50~75W, not more than that. Price is again subjective - thought i will find out if there is any worthy contenders in low price bracket.

Not really keen on Pio and kenny etc, but who knows what it will be at the end of the day.

Any pointers on the price of Focal Solid 2?
    Auditor RIP 2300 is another option i am looking at.

As of now, my front component choices are Illusion EL 6.1 (trying to arrange for them), Morel maximo or Fical polyglass VB 165.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    anoop : avoid illusion electra's until u have heard them and like them only then chose. As for the focal amp it will cost u something close to 15k. Only invest in a 2 channel if ur sub is 4 ohm or els it'll b hard to sell it off later on.

Harmony & chaos
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anoop Y not a single 6 channel mosconi or audio systems amp, all ur purposes will be solved in one go

mosconi 60.6 = 60X6 (4ohm)
    audio systems = 75X6 (4ohms)

the ratings might look less but they can make any good 4 channel below 25K a run for the money.
    but the only draw back they both cost close to 35K, so just incase u have a budget of around 30K for 2 amps then u can look at this option
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah Bro, I have heard them and i like the sound signature of EL 6.1.

About the amps, yes - I am aware of Mosconi 60.6 and other 6 channel amps, but if you look at it that way, even a 5 channel amp will be enough for me. Only issue why I do not want to go for 5\6 channel amp now is because of budget constraints. If I had that range of money to spent, I would have got a Mosconi or Genesis powering HAT components or some high end Morel or DLS and a MTX Jackhammer to power an ID sub, but unfortunately I have only fixed budget to set up ICE and I have to do it part by part.

My total budget for 1st step of ICE is 30K, and after the HU, I have only 15K left.

So, right now, my choice is either buy a good component for front fill and add a good 4ch amp later, or buy front comp + 2ch amp for the same price range.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    better spend the 15K on buying good comps and later add a 4 channel amp
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah, i know that is the rational choice - but at times, want to explore if there is any VFM option I am not looking at. Thanks for your help. Jaseevn :)
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I would concur with Phew, anoop. I did a rather grave mistake on getting everything in the budget and have been itching for a change already. The speakers and amp can probably outlive the car so get the best for the money, go slow on the set-up.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah man - taking it really slow - may be I will take over a year, but I want some thing which i will enjoy.

I came across this link while googling - thought it might be useful :

http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php

This is a subwoofer box design software and it is a freeware to boot.
  10. I Am Planning to change the speakers but to start with I want to do it with the front Speakers and later with the rear speakers. And later get sub or amp. I have read people stating the Stock HU is a very good one, but the speakers are the culprit. So I don't want to change the HU and also don't want to miss the steering controls. Would this idea workout ?