1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandeep
    You can look at the following setup
    comps - DD - 9k
    Amp - bull audio - 10k
    Wiring - bull audio - 3k
    hi/low converter - 3k
    Damping - 3k
    Sub - which ever u lik - 5k

total - 33k - 10%(disc) = 29700

or if u want co-ax's at the back(compromise on little SQ)

comps - Hertz/morel - 5.5-6k
    co-ax's - hertz/morel - 3.5-4k
    Amp - bull audio - 10k(no amp can beat it at this price)
    Wiring - Bull audio - 3k
    hi/low converter - 3k
    damping - 3k
    sub - ur choice - 5k

total - 33000/34000 - 10%(disc) = 29700/30600
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Does any one here have experience on playing a component speaker without amp?

I will be getting my CDA117 soon, and I plan to go for Morel Maximo\ Illusion Electra\Rainbow Titans\DLS C6A\Digital Design CS 6.5\HAT Imagine (first choice - provided I have the budget).

I will be adding an amp later and plan to go active at a later stage, but I plan to run this setup without amp for about 3 months.

Please feel free to correct me \ advise me better options.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Anoop,

I am using compos with only the OEM HU, and I am very satisfied with the sound. I am using MTX Thunder 6000 compos (these are the "mid-range" compos from MTX, with Roadthunder being the entry level & Thunder 8000 as their premium offering). Incidentally, MTX speakers are very 'efficient' in my opinion. This could be the reason for the good sound quality.

You could also go through my installation thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...nge-on-my-Emo-Pack&p=5333&viewfull=1#post5333

Regards
    Johnny
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anoop
    The cda 117 is very slow at reading usb's and all rest the clarity and tightness it offers is simply unmatched, I'm currently using it and I am very pleased with the performance

Harmony & chaos
  5. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

My Punto 90HP was ICED with the following :

1. HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers for front doors-8.5K

2. HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers for rear doors-3.5K

3. JBL GT5-S644 Amplifier 4 channel-7.2K

4. POLK 8" db 840 Sub-Woofer-5K

5. Converter-4.5K

6. Sub Box-1K

EVERYTHING WITH BILL AND WARRANTY

Total cost of the entire set up including wiring, installations is 32,000 rupees.

Believe me My car Punto now Rocks to the core

Place Done : FINAL TOUCH [Mission Road, Bangalore],

Done under Mr AKASH. He is too good in audio stuff. Neat and clean installation overall. Hertz speakers are top class. Im totally satisfied with the entire Set up and My Punto 90HP sounds awesome and amazing. Its Rocking.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you Jhonny. i have not auditioned MTX 6000 yet - will try them for sure. How is the sound signature? Are they bright or laid back?

Thanks for the link - will sure go through it now itself.

@Phew - you can reduce the banking time. Just remove all the ID3 info from all songs.

I chose CDA 117 after lot of search - started with JBL 333, then decided to get Kenwood Excelon X794 HU. While doing the search, came across this 117, and in my mind some were I knew that this is the HU I want, though I was ready to order the kenny.

On the day of ordering, I chucked out all the cautions and got the CDA 117.Now that I have ordered 117, I also plan to get an imprint module some time later.
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Anoop,

The Thunder 6000s are fairly balanced in their output. It needs a bit of power for the bass to come alive (approximately >8 on the oem HU.) The highs and mids are brilliant, probably because MTX has now changed over to silk dome tweeters. From volume level 9 onwards, the sound is really rich and well balanced.

Regards
    Johnny
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    but the 117 cannot go active, so do give that a thought
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

thank you Jhonny - I will definitely audition MTX Thunder then.

@Phew - Yeah, CDA 117 cannot go active by its own like 9887, but I plan to go either all active with a 5-channel amp or front active rear\sub passive with a 4 channel + a mono\2-channel bridged amp.

No plans are concrete yet. Only thing I have decided is, the first step will be HU+front stage and it will be passive. If i decide to power sub using 2-channel bridged, then i may throw in a 2-ch for the front stage now, which late will drive the sub.

As of now, all are plans - hope everything works out as I plan :)
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Phew: what will be the 2 channel amp you will prefer for about 5K? the emphasis being on bass \smooth sound than loud\bright\shrill sound.