1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. @phew and fiattucine

Thanku....
    that was very informative.

now i realize i made a big mistake by installing a 2 channel amp!!

I will soon update my music system.

once again thank u for patient replies. :)
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Jasveen,
    I would be coming to Driven this weekend . Can I expect to meet you there ? If you cannot make it ..no problem..I will give your reference :) . The ICE has now further downgraded....the sound keeps on fluctuating between the left front and the right front speakers as the car is driven on rough roads..so i guess some speaker wire is gone loose...so now enough reasons to go back to Driven...I hope all my issues get rectified...as you say now they have started listening to customers .... :p
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sir if possible cm in the comin week as tomorrow and day after all the sos members are goin to amritsar, so i wont b available and this time I wanna make sure u go back satisfied and no dejected. only mr. rana will b there and I don want u to deal with him, instead talk directly to subhan the owner of driven who will be back on monday
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Jasveen,
    Actually my car is very near to the 2nd service and I want to get the ICE stuff fixed before that, so that if there are rattles due to speakers then the same get fixed at Driven ; so that only the rattles due to other stuff are present which i can get fixed at TASS.
    From your post it seems interacting with Mr Rana is actually a waste of time..!!! Am I right ...Suhan will be there on monday . On sunday /saturday there will be no one else there who could get the stuff working properly ..Right ? If that is the case then going there on sat/sunday might just be equivalent to not going at all.. :(.. Or you suggest I should still make a try ..
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its completely ur call, I say cm on any day of the upcoming week
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will take half a days leave on some day of upcoming week and drop by. Hope to meet you there :) . One more thing , Please dont address me as sir.. You are an ICE guru...not me
  7. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

What would be your suggestion for the set up in my PUNTO 90HP including Comps for front, Co axials for rear , Amp and Sub. please suggest me the brandsbest suited for punto as some are saying that JBL/infinity sounds like crap for a Punto system:roll:
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandeep, the suggestion against JBL holds true only as long as you don't use an amp. Whats your budget by the way? Let me put you the right way first.
    Front doors: components
    Rear doors: co axials
    Damping on front doors atleast.
    Amp: your choice.
    Sub: your choice. Do have a look at Kicker TC10 shallow sub if boot space is vital.
    Additional: line in converter/high-low converter from Schosche for an additional 3k to make life simpler.

Tip: There is nothing better than auditioning the speakers yourself.
  9. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Hi my Budget is 30,000 including everything. SO what would be your best sugestion for my Fiat Punto 90HP
  10. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Upgraded the HU to Pioneer DEH-6390SD. Currently using the Rockford speakers which I have installed sometime back. Audio clarity has improved a LOT. I am amazed how much change HU can bring.

Will also add the Amp and Sub. Probably I will stick with Rockford as I loved the speakers. Will update once i get them.

Btw, though I liked the sound, looks have gone for a toss as the illumination is blue :(
    I chose this over DEH-3390UB(it has color customization for HU) as this gave better sound for my ears or is it my feeling?
    But I would love to have Amber display. Do you think downgrading to DEH-3390UB is a good idea? I paid 7000 for DEH-6390SD and I believe DEH-3390UB is about 6000rs.
    DEH-3390UB has 2 RCA out and DEH-6390SD has 3 RCA.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011