1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    They are good, In India you would majorly find Velocity Series.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi,

Blaupunkt Velocity series speakers are good. Only, check their price. I think that you might get equally good speakers like Bull, for a lesser price (if I remember correctly).

Regards

Johnny
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Linea Speakers are not good

Hai fellas

The Linea speakers are not that good. Its not giving me that punch. What can i do to better the speakers. Can i add woofers in the parcel tray? Do you think the speakers came with the car are good? Which speakers are they using in the car? I need inputs from Music Buffs. Guys n Gals who have gone for upgradation/alteration/perfection of their Linea Audio system please put in your feed back. Please mention the cost as well :)

Mods Note - Thread merged.
    Please do a search with similar threads before opening a new one.
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @ Johny, are you a sound engineer or something? You have given an awesome detailing. Hats off dude. I have a few questions can you help me out. Please ask me questions i will answer...
  6. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    To get an Woofer in, you need a AMP, only AMP I can think off which will no mess up your Blue and Me and warranty is the Blaupunkt PNP series. The 555pnp is available cheap if you import from US. Checkout the following post for more details.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1476

My Amp is on its way, should reach any day now ::OO
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    So far i read many people discussing changing of speakers. So you guys mean to say that the four speakers and two tweeters (as fiat claims) that comes with car are no good? I will have to change all four speakers in my car? I have limited knowledge in sound systems. I have read many technical terms in each thread but after reading each thread i am sitting here like a nursery kid who was just delivered a class on nuclear science :) Eyes wide and blinking.

Ok so if i have to get my speakers replaced, what will i do with the speakers that came with the car? I have to find suitable speakers that will fit inside the space provided right? I dont want to do any alteration in its looks. I know what is damping, but that must have already been done from the factory as there are speakers already correct? How do they do it if it is not present?

If i have to change the speakers that will require cutting of wires? A Sub is a sub woofer or something else? The big round woofer is termed as Sub here?

An AMP is only the size of a laptop right? Then how does it eat up lot of space in the boot if i plan to place it there? Please guys am a novice. Help me pls.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You would have to change speakers first of all.
    Front speakers are of 6.5" or 165mm and rear one are 5.25" or 135mm. You can't do anything with old speakers. Some shop will buy them from you for cheap.
    Doors don't come damped from factory. You would have to damp them it costs approx 1500-1800/- per door.
    Amp is around laptop size. It doesn't occupy boot space. Generally it is mounted on back of rear seat.
    Big round woofer is termed as Sub Woofer or Sub. A sub occupies boot space. They are large woofers kept in big wooden box.
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A lot of question! lets try and solve them 1 by 1!

The OEM speakers are really crappy, even worst if you increase the volume.

Been there mate! ::D

There are two types of speakers which are generally available, Components and Co-axes.
    Components are two way speakers, they also come with their own tweeters. They generally product excellent mids and highs. Components are always round.

Co-axes on the other hand are 3 way speakers, also cheaper than Components. They also produce Lows pretty well. These are available in Oval as well as round configurations.

The speakers which come with the Linea/Punto are 6.5" round in the front and 5.5" round in the back! However you can also put 6.5" at the back too!

The car does not coming with damping at all! it should be installed!

Generally wires will not be cut to install speakers.

Yes, woofer can only produce lows, the punch you feel :punch

AMPs come in various sizes. Small and big! some as small as a netbook, while some are as wide as a entire seat! The regular AMPs can even be fitted below the front seats.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Thank you Vijay Khasa
    Thank you CountRock