1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    @ tarun.. the plastics sheets were not removed in my case... so it that a part of the problem I face? especially driver side door does this lot more.

Someone carrying the sheets for me looks unlikely to happen anytime soon. So will need to think abt what needs to be done. Btw, anyone can suggest a good place in Hyderabad for getting the dampening done? And how much will they charge if we carry material?
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nkapoor
    U keep this up I might land up with one leg longer than the other :p
    I know smone with a ctx running with a pnp and it sure makes the punto's booty go crazy.

My point is one should damp a car completely as it is an enclosure in which sound is reflected from all ends and hence slight leakage from any place can bcome an unpleasing and irritating sounding experience, so when ur getting it don then y not do it properly.

@johnny
    my knowledge can never surpass basic logic no matter how hard I try. Fully agree with ur point.

Removing the sheets has an advantage and a disadvantage

Adv. No noise made by the plastic sheet, hence chances of rattling reduced.

Disadv. It works as a sort of plastic damping covering all the holes causing air leakages(just for mental satisfaction).

@tarun
    Don worry no such issues will occur

@raj
    Hope the disadv. Clarifies ur doubt
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    I agree with that Phew.. I will need to think abt this before getting any sub + amp .. finding the right place is important.. not able to get the details yet..
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The plastic sheet must be removed. As I said, once the speakers are mounted, the door cavity becomes the enclosure, and these sheets will mess up the sound output. This will be more pronounced with better quality speakers. The stock speakers were mounted with the plastic in place. It did not make much difference since the stock speakers were pretty bad in the first place.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Okay, I will get that removed. Thank you Johnny.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You'll get this stuff at similar prices locally as well and anyone who's carrying the sub won't appreciate the size of that thing. Plus the 2-channel will power the sub in bridged mode; what about the speakers? Don't forget the cables and adapter as well if you are going the PnP way. They'll cost you a packet as well (~5k).

But why do you want to go the PnP way and spend all that money? Yours is an Emotion so just throw the HU out. Go for a phased upgrade if you don't wanna spend at one go. You'll get much better equipment and sound quality in the same price.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    certainly nitin 22ji...i dont want to loose this oem head unit....

only reason why am after this blaunkpunt setup,my friend is coming from london in September and he wants to get something for my punto.thats the reason i have chosen these two.

suggest me something which would suffice with oem HU...???
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I guess it will take some time to see the post which I made just now. The crux of that is you ask your friend to buy the 475 (4-channel amp) which costs 10 quid extra only. You can then power speakers as well as sub in bridged mode. Also ask your friend to buy cables and harness as well. Try blaupunktdirect as well. They are much better than bluespot who stubbornly refused to supply me cables when I told them I had a Fiat Punto. According to them, these cables won't work in a Fiat irrespective of the fact that the model numbers were the same. I got the same cables from blaupunktdirect with no hassles and ofcourse its working fine.