1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    8K for the HU.
  2. hi Johny
    I have some queries-
    In case if i am changing the music system wont it disable my sterring buttons for aido control??
    secondly can i use the same company provided hu and connect an amp & sub ??
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sanjeev,

I presume that you have the Emo Pk. In this case if you change the HU, you will lose the functionality of steering mounted controls. So, it might be worth keeping the HU, which is not bad at all.

The OEM HU does not have a "pre-out", so most installers will connect the amp to the "speaker out". This will create problems and also not sound good. You will need to attach a high to low converter in between. If this is done properly, then you will get good sound with decent speakers. The OEM speakers are bad & you will have to change them definitely. If you are a "bass lover", then put in a good sub as well.

Regards
    Johnny
  4. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    I have installed the R1652-S 6.50" 2-Way Component System in the front doors and R152 5.25" Prime Full-Range Speaker in the rear doors in my Punto MJD E. The doors developed rattling and I am planning to upgrade the HU and also add Sub and Amp. What would be the best setup keeping my current setup in mind? Also, do I need to get the dampening done?
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Raj06,

Definitely get the damping done. That will make a big difference to the sound.

If you go through the ICE section, you will find lots of options/combinations that have been installed by TFI members. Most posts have detailed descriptions with photos etc. This should help you make an informed decision.

Regards
    Johnny
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  6. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Thx for the response Johnny.. any idea of good places in Hyderabad for this? Rattling is very annoying! want to get this done asap!
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Hi Viny,

Any suggestions as to what can be bought from Germany cheaper in ICE section for our fiats?

saw many puntos fitted with aftermarket HUs but the blue and me is not working with it. steering contols work very well.
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    Don't know if u guys got the info about Sonicelectronix.com but i came up to the site and they Do ship to india with reasonable shipping charges...
    although i've got my front doors damped with Dynamat extreme .. all thanks to Jhonny for the Advices :)
    now i looking to get my rear doors + Boot damped .. will purchase from Sonic, any advice for purchasing from Abroad ???
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3132_Dynamat-Xtreme-Door-Kit-10435.html
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the site is rather well known, no such reasons for concerns, go ahead and order them
  10. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    so do we need 2 sheets for 4 doors? shipping to india will cost $122.48!! product price is abt $100...

cant we get any sheets here in hyderabad???
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011