Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.
will post it tmrw. day and night pictures.
congratulations sir, hope u enjoy ur music
varun sir this thread is for ice considerations only
It'll b very helpful if u can start a new thread for the same along with the wonderful pics
this is a total budget ice set up man ! i dont think it deserves a new thread... will put in detail when i start a ownership thread.. lazy to start ..
and i m no sir !! am just 22, might be younger than you !
Varun sir v are still at a learning curve so be it a budget setup or a no budget setup, all is equally valuable for us.
And les keep the age aside, I wish to b the youngest
Congrats varun on your new setup. It is always better to start a new thread in In Car Entertainment so that it will be easy for others as well if they do a search. Do post some pics as well. Don't be lazy..others are enjoying it . You can post it on week ends.
here you go !
Nice choice..Didn't you take up snaps of your speakers, fixing etc ?? Waiting to see your beauty ..
This is in continuation of the post on Page 29 (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page29 ) of this topic "ICE considerations" . Mods if possible please move the discussion from "vivek_lko" and the associated replies to a new thread with a relevant topic . All my posts are confined to :
Page 27(http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page27 ),
Page 28(http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page28 ) ,
Page 29(http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page29 ) and the current page(http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page34 ).
Anyways coming back to the topic . The Blaupunkt amplifier(PnP 475) installed by Driven has blown off . The details of the same can be found on this thread posted some time back http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...uot-dead-quot-suddenly&highlight=music system.
Now I am running the Rainbow speakers directly through the HU and I am really surprised that even without the HU they sound so awesome. Wonder if Ampli was required at all !! I am now able to control the Bass and Treble as per my liking directly from the HU equalizers , since the amplifier is no longer there. Max volume that I have done is 12 . One thing is very clear that now even without the amplifier if I increase the Bass setting on my HU there is rattling in the speakers, so for sure the stuff that Driven were saying regarding "keeping the Bass as 0 since amplifier takes care of the settings is really bulls..." .
Johny sir you were absolutely right, the Driven guys were simply trying to cover up some bad installation , which now, after having removed the amplifier and driving the speakers directly from the HU ; and keeping the EQ settings as per my liking is; is very much visible. I have a few queries:
1. Is it safe to drive the speakers directly from the HU ? I have checked that the input impedance of the speakers is 2-4 Ohms and the power rating is much above 30W . I somehow feel it is better to do away with the Ampli since it gets heated up and I feel the ventilation it gets by keeping it in the cabin is just not sufficient ; which probably lead to its malfunction. Just my thought.
2. I want to fix the rattling issue and also get the rear spacer rings for the rear speakers. Do you recommend I try Driven again or should I go to Motor concepts and meet Aman , as suggested by Phew ? Some time back I got an SMS from Driven that they have the rear punto spacer rings now . I am still to approach them . I just wonder if someone from them is reading these posts.
3. As I mentioned in my posts that the panel locks were broken by the installer , due to this I guess some loose rattle has set in when ever I pass through some bump , though this is not always there. I went to the TASC (Oberoi Noida) to get some loose panel locks but they did not have any . They said they will get it in 10 days time(Uhh spare parts anyone :uh ). Can you suggest me some place or some site where I can get these ? Once I go back to the installer (Driven/Motor concepts) I intend to replace the broken panel locks.
Please advice !!
I am planning to ICE my punto 90 HP and got the following as a recommendation and quote from a person in mumbai
My budget is around 20 and needed the teams inputs on what everyone feels about this. I do not plan to have any speakers on Tray and wanted them inside the doors only.
1) front sound staging- morel 6.5" components 6500/-
2) rear audio fill more 6.5" coax speakers 4500/-
3) four channel jvc amplifier 6000/-
4) cabling & installation 2800/-
5) sound damping 800/-
In my opinion, the HU is reasonably good, and can drive fairly powerful speakers - mine are MTX Thunder 6000 rated for 100 watts RMS each. They sound pretty good - will probably sound better with an amp. Rainbows definitely require an amp to bring out their potential, but can well be driven by the HU alone.
However, irrespective of the rating of the speakers, nothing will go wrong if you drive them from the HU, as long as you do not let the HU 'clip'. This will happen if you exceed around 18 on the volume setting. In case the bass setting is more than 0, then the HU could clip at a lower setting. Once clipping sets in, there is danger of damage to the HU/speakers.
Get the rear spacer rings installed at the earliest - will make a big difference.
In case damping not done, doing that will also improve the output considerably. Car speakers mounted in the doors fall into the category of "infinite baffle" speakers. For such speakers, the speaker enclosure (in this case the car door cavity), if not properly damped, will colour the sound adversely. Most 'ordinary' home audio speakers, especially those having 'infinite baffle' design, use glass wool for damping for this reason.
Separate names with a comma.