1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    can someone provide information about the touch screen head unit. Pricing of those Head units & preferred brand.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I have answers of your question no.2.

Yes damping is necessary if you are putting Compos. In my car I was experiecing vibration if I increase the volume. For that I need to change the fader setting. :-(.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    go for a kenwood/jvc/pio head unit. a double din wont fit in your punto. u need a pop up screen type 1.5/1 din or u need to do mods to the console.

you can get one which has bluetooth calling, navigation etc. you also need to get a steering wheel control adapter so that u can use the volume and track change buttons.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Italia-Linea I have sold my Punto & now I am planning to buy Linea MJD Dynamic. Does 2 din head unit will fit in Linea's console.

If I do alteration to that console does car warrenty voids
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Morel or kicker

Guys please hlp whats better , morel or kicker coxials.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Please put your basic ICE questions in this thread, rather creating a new thread.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no warranty doesnt go at all. Linea MJD dynamic is a good choice to go for. but if you can stretch go for emotion pk. airbags and abs is the need of modern world.

i think you better go for a single din awesome kenwood or alpine unit with bluetooth, time alignment DPS etc etc, components in front with damping, co-ax in rear and a powerful amplifier and a powerful woofer.

i dont think you will be too keen to watch videos or navigation that demands a 2 din touchscreen.

but yes double din has advantages that u can just type in the phone nos, navigation, DVD etc etc.

you need a good installer to fit it. it can very much be done. i will show one snap how its done when i get it
  8. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    @Kedar - So.. Did you get damping done ? If Yes, where in Pune did you get it done ?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  9. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Guys please help to decide a good speaker for my Punto Active.
    I want to put Pioneer DEH-5050UB(from my old car) as a HU.

As i am low on budget, so maximum i can go to 10k for speakers. I want clear sound(not bright) with good bass. And the car would be driven with max two people on-board. I have two options to choose.

1, 2-way speakers on front and rear.
    2, Good component with damping in front only.

If i go with 2nd option then i want to put the tweeter in the stock location (near door opening lever). Please suggest some good speaker.

Thanks
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U can choose from the following options

Setup 1-
    add comps to the rear + add another amp(mono), and power both comps with the JBL + misc exp.(wooden rings, mdf board, bla bla)

OR

Setup 2-
    just put co-ax in the rear and enjoy the surround effect(note co-ax only give surround effect and very little BASS)

if u have the budget then the first setup should be the one for U or els opt for the second setup