1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A big NO to sony, and as for the rear compos I felt made sense only when u have smone sitting at the back, otherwise jus the fronts are suffiicent.
    The current JBL u have is sufficient to power the sub, with the presence of a mono it'll become further more boomy and loud
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    what you said makes a Big sense, I have removed my rear Oval with MDF tray and now using the OE parcel tray cuz i was pissed off with the rattling sound :uh.. so decided to sell the Oval to a friend and add Co-ax or Compos in the rear .. But to DO so i'll need an AMp Probably a 2CH amp .. :rolleyes:
    As i am Satisfied with the Kicker Front COmpos, the front stage is great but i DO feel the lack of Sound coming from the back..
    Plz suggest will a Gud Co-ax pair would be the better choice ? or the Compos ? Cuz m a Colg guy we travel with frnds a Lot ! :steering :D ..
    also, plz provide Sum guidance for damping the doors.. m really lookin fwd to it ...
    and it would be better if i could have the contact No. of sumone near DElhi region plz!
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    need the advice of gurus.
    i m looking at a basic ICE install with comps at front and co ax at the rear. checked out a couple of them yesterday keeping in mind the strict budget of <15k .
    comps:
    1. auditor 165S .
    2. MTX (forgot the number)
    3. Alpine( forgot model number).
    co ax: preferring alpine for this price n budget.
    head unit:
    should i go for a pioneer or alpine one with basic func like mp3, usb, aux in for mob/ipod . i saw both priced at around 7k at a shop. i saw the same pioneer one at another place for less than 6k, may be the grey market ones !

i need some suggestions for these with prices !

thanks.
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @varunrtr

All three speaker brands are good. The only difference will be based on the type of music you like to listen to. So play your type of music on all three brands, and let your ears be the final judge. I am saying this because all brands of speakers "colour" the music in their unique manner.

Regarding the HUs. Alpine is a better brand. It will be worthwhile going for a HU with USB, Aux out & SD card capability. That way you can avoid using CDs totally.

With front compos you must get door damping done. Otherwise the final effect may be sub-optimal.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks johnny.
    i am a soft listener, preferring tamil, hindi songs, ARR songs, etc. just want them to be heard inside with total clarity rather than boasting it aloud !
    Is there any good suggestions in this price point (ie, around 5k for comps, 3k for co axs and 6k for HU) There must be many who might hav done detailed survey for ICE ing their car . i ve already stopped using cds completely , bought a dvd player with usb to hear at home as well !! so will be going for usb supported ones in car too.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Varun ...Hertz & polk audio are the 2 other options which you can have a look at. Well different people have different opinions. Myself & Pran had gone with the Hetz compos at the front & polk coax at the rear keeping the stock HU. Beware of the duplicate one's esplly in some major shops @ Trivandrum. Are you planning to place the speakers on the rear shelf or just the doors ?
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i had gone through yours and prans threads before going to check them out. i m planning to get it done from Jerry's perf store at thycaud(near taj) as i know him personally. He told that the 165 series that u ve done , have depreciated much in quality now and asking to go for energy series . So he suggested some alternatives for this budget of mine, thats why i asked it here. He stocks all premium brands.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Woow that's great... you know someone is person in this field. He will surely be able to source you the best ones. The 165 series I am using is Energy series. Hope it is ok then :) Varun even I loved the crispness of polk audio. Just ask the Jerry's fellow if he can facilitate a setup for you so that you can listen to each brand and select the one which best suits your need because the taste of the accessory shop guy may not be same as yours.
  9. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Rockford Fosgate Comps for the Front

After reviewing this thread, I think this is the correct place to post my query. (Mods feel free to merge / move if the location is inappropriate)
    After my 6month combat with the dealers and fiat on the HU, I believe I will stick with the current HU.

Question 1 -
    Does anyone have any reviews / suggestions on Rockford Fosgate Components ? I'm planning to install a pair for the front.

I have decided not to change the rear speakers for now and don't intend to touch the rear parcel tray.

The price quoted by the dealer is 4500/- (MRP ~6400/-) pair all inclusive.

Question 2 -
    Is damping necessary on the front post installation of the components ?

Question 3 (Pune Members) - There is this dealer "Lord's" in Wanowrie - Is he good with the installation ? I have been directed to him by the Rockford Stockist in Pune (Audio Kraft @ Rasta Peth - Mr Bunty Singh)

Cheers..:confused:
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @greyhound,

Rockfords are good speakers. Cannot comment about the price. For front compos you must get damping done.

Post install, play around with the 'fader' control to optimise the sound since you are retaining the rear OE speakers - more output to the front speakers.

Regards
    Johnny