1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Re: Is an AMP needed?

Hey!

The Best person to contact is Andy - He will be able to give you the best advice!!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please have all ICE question in this thread.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: is an AMP really needed?

Hi XGYo,

Your understanding is correct. For your type of listening, an amp & sub would not be required.

Your configuration appears OK. For the rear go for 5.25" co-axials. Just make sure that the installation is done properly, and get at least the front doors damped. If funds permit, get all four doors damped.

Regards

Johnny
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: is an AMP really needed?

i will suggest you a better HU than JBL. you will get lot better HU with 3pre amp outs, subwoofer control etc at less/equal price. also avoid JBL GTO compos, they sound bright. i prefer natural laid down sound from front compos rather than bright sound that hurts ears. illusions, infinity and many other compos are good.
    i will say you upgrade later on as your budget permits. add amp and sub later on. its a icing on the cake.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

:eek:fftopic
    Hey Ratan sir, where is andy nyways. Havent been on TFI for over a month now ??
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi XGYo. I would recommend 3 things:
    1. If possible, install speakers in all 4 doors and do not go for those oval speakers that are installed in the rear parcel tray. It is best to leave the rear parcel tray alone.
    2. Pioneer offers very good HUs. I have a Pioneer DEH-2290UB installed in our M800 along with JBL speakers.
    3. Make sure that the HU you buy offers RCA Pre-outs, just in case you want Amplifier and sub-woofer later on.

Pioneer DEH-2290UB costs around Rs5800 only. Offers USB/AUX-in/iPod/iPhone control as well. It offers single RCA preout as well. I don't know how many pre-outs are needed though.

Disclaimer: Just my 2 cents. I am no good at ICE.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does OE HU - Blaupunkt - has pre-outs or not?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    ravi OE HU doesn't have pre outs
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    I wonder why digital outs in HUs and digital/optical in in amps are not available....or are they already available ??
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @XGYo:

Avoid amp if you find HU + speakers enough in your audition. Amps and RCA cables many times give rise to a very sticky problem called "alternator whine" because of less than adequate installation. If you are not intending to gain knowledge and get upto DIY, and are depending solely on an installer, I can tell you most installers out there take a "ICE for dummies" book and start soliciting customers for business. The best they can do is put together HU and speakers, thats it. There are HUs with good inbuilt amps and speakers which sound quite nice driven by HU only. For my i10 I have, Kenwood HU

http://india.kenwood.com/products/car/1 ... index.html

And have Boston Acoustics components on front (SXi606)and coaxials (SXi696) (on parcel tray just to enhance the bass)

http://www.dmpss.co.in/product.php?category_id=68

These speakers are economy solutions but sound two notches above. Here is a discussion on Boston Acoustics SXi speakers series

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/product-d ... eries.html