1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I have auditioned his setup. It is fantastic. Just the additional investment of 10K; but it is worth the money. Anyways expecting more from here.....:mad:
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ livelyyoungman,

The Focals all the way is an extremely good setup. Go for it.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. spartan

spartan

Bangalore
    Not sure which variant ur car is. If you want to use the Stock HU, it doesnt mate well with the Solid4.
    I tried patching it and the sound output was pathetic.

My present config is : Stock HU : Focal Polyglas 165 VB : Cerwin Vega 10" sub in a closed box : Auditor sub

A 5 grand sub sounded 10x better than the solid4.

Not sure if the CV400.4 has speaker level inputs.

Another aspect : Do not go for rear coax unless you have the car fully loaded all the time. Trust me, with the focal compos with the 10" sub are more than enough. You can audition my car if you want.

I also had the option for the Memphis SE 8" over the CV 10". But, the output wasnt that different to justify the 4 grand extra I would have paid for the SE.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ the irony is noting mates with the stock HU :)
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mine is Linea MJD Emotion Pack.

Were yours suggested by EVO Satya as this configuration was provided by him only. He suggested Cerwin Vega as Auditor was not available.

I would really be interested to audition yours. Sent you a PM....:D

I slightly beg to differ. I believe that you should be able to amplify the output and tune the setup if you do have a good amp and corresponding speakers.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Johny,
    I went in detail through your post "Speaker change on my Emotion pack" and it was really informative. That also makes me think whether the Amplifier was really needed. But going by the post it seems that for the Rainbow speakers an Ampli is suggested. Also you clearly mention about the rear spacer rings for the 6.5" speakers. Its clear that Mr Rana actually did a "slick business talk".. Anyways regarding the bill , he has given me a bill of "Driven" and has said that the same will act as a warranty card. For the Ampli he says its from grey market and hence no bill. The ampli cost was 8k and he said that the original was almost double this price. Incidentaly Mr Rana told me all this at the billing time. After lot of argument he just wrote a statement that he would be giving a 1 yr warranty frm his side for the amplif. I just hope that he respects that.
    Anyways actually I always wanted to get my installation from Gyro but when I called up the Gyro numbers I was told that Gyro has now shut and I was given the number of "Annan" from Driven. From your post it seems he is the same "Mannan" which I though was "Annan" who is now working with Driven. Anyways he suggested me to always keep the Bass/treble at 0 . And also the Graphic Equalliser at neutral and not exceed the volume beyond 17. Else the speakers will get damaged.
    My only grouse is that if I go back to the guys to get the rear spacer rings fitted , how to make sure that they dont damage another panel lock !
    Further how to tell them that the limitations that they are suggesting are more related to covering up some bad installation. Do you know if any other installer puts these limitations (bass/treble at 0 , graphic eq neutral)? Are these limitations really suggested ?
    Anyways do you suggest I should try some other installer ? Can you recommend ? Or should I again try Driven ?
    Thanks for the inputs!!!
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Reading the above post certainly shows the kind of treatment you have received at driven....

as for the amp, yes everyone knows that it comes without bill and warranty as it has been discontinued so i guess a little research would have helped u realize it earlier tht it comes with no bill or warranty
    And for the settings u have been advised to run (bass/treble 0 et al), yes it is true tht v run with all the amplification from the headunit at 0/ completely switched off, one reason being tht since there is an amp u don need any amplification from the headunit, also leaving them OFF also allows u to get better sound quality as only on thing is supplying the amplification and not TWO
    plus ur gains are set by keeping all these at neutral or 0, therefore if u fiddle with the eq it can damage the speakers as it is already set at almost the most optimum point for the speakers to perform
    as for the volume thing u shud try not to exceed 80% of ur headunits max. volume....as after tht "clipping" comes into play, thts is when ur equipment gets damaged

u can try contacting MR.AMAN @ 9911311355(motor concepts), his work is really commendable and indeed a very courteous man, u can give him my reference and rest assure he'll look into all ur problems quite diligently
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vivek,

Is this chap 'Annan' a dark fat guy? If so he is Mannan of Gyro.

I too tried Gyro numbers, but could not raise them.

In your case, I think the only way forward is to try & make the best of a deal gone bad.

Two things you will have to do is to get damping done for the rear door, and also put MDF spacer for the rear speakers. You will have to assert yourself to tell them that if they break a door latch, they are responsible. After all you are a paying customer - they are not doing you a favour.

Another point that comes to my mind is that if the door latch is broken, then there will be rattle from the door panel. This will have to be attended to somehow.

The restrictions put by them about bass eq etc appear absolutely illogical. Convey this to them and let them explain.

Hope that you can sort out the problem.

Regards
    Johnny
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Johnny,
    I mixed up the things...When I tried Gyro numbers I talked to Annan....He then gave me the number of one Suhan who works in Driven...I got confused between the "n"s...and unnecessarily blamed (M)Annan :(

Regds,
    Vivek
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GYRO - Manan
    Driven - Subhan
    Motor concepts - Aman