1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    Thanks paddleshifter

That was really helpful!
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ eyeguy,

Paddleshifter has said it all.

What he has suggested will give you the best possible sound with minimum modifications. The "noise" in the car is something that you will have to live with. It will affect clarity richness etc, irrespective of what equipment you put into the car. Good damping will make considerable difference, especially to the bass output from the setup.

I will like to suggest one more speaker brand which will be worth checking out - Bull - they are the budget offering from Rainbow.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    someone suggested that unless you get an amp installing components is useless just put coaxials.

what do you think guys?

btw i have jbl components in my santro without amp for the past 6 yrs and they sound awesome but I'm sure the pioneer HU must be giving a much higher output than my linea HU
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @eyeguy,

This point came up in the thread "help me decide on one good compos".

My last two responses in this thread should clear your doubts.

Nothing will go wrong if you fit compos - you will just get better sound.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Does anyone has any idea, how much volt per channel does the default HU generates?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    6 volts. i checked it during my installations
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks Italia, i need to configure the gains accordingly for my components.
    What all details did you collected?
    Kindly share, It might be helpfull to many of us.
    Glad to have you here :)
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Set HPF on front channels to component and turn the frequency knob to 80hz if you have damping and around 100hz if you dont have damping. this is bcoz you will get more bass if set at 80hz. adjust the gains in such a way that you hear good vocals from front and the bass from the sub just gels well with the front compos. the bass should not outshine the vocals. to start with if the gains have settings of 6v to 0.2V set it at 11o clock to 12o clock on the dial.

LPF on the subwoofer channel. set the frequency knob to 80hz or just below i.e 65hz. i like 65hz. this will allow good bass from rear. set the gain dial same as explained above.

listen to various tracks of your likings. the sound should be such that the vocals are coming from front and bass from rear. it should create a front sound stage.
    the rear coax should play were low just in case there are rear benchers.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

My current front channel HPF is in between 50-65hz, similarly LPF on woofer is set to 50hz or below, with gain at 0.3V gives me rock solid punches.
    I was working on gain factor of components, one pain is that given my amp is placed in boot, i have come out do some configs get back into car and try to figure out how it works :( Currently my gain for components is around 5-6V i guess. will work on this during weekend
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hello All,
    I had got my 90HP punto ICE upgrade from Driven East of kailash , around 1 month back. I would not say that the installation was excellent but it was good. Rating would be 7/10 and there are some reasons for this rating which has more to do with the installation.
    Anyways to summarise I have the Blaupunkt PnP 475 amplifiier with rainbow Titan compos in the reae and the rainbow kx165 coax in the front. Both front and rear are 6.5 inch. There was some distortion in the sounds around 3 weeks back .I was told by the Driven engineers that in the HU I should always keep the Trbel and Bass at "0" and the Equiliser settings also at all "0" , else the speakers can get damaged and the sound distsortion WOULD occur if this "rule" is not followed. Also the max volume in the HU should NOT exceed 17.Anyways this max volume is not an issue since the Max I would hear with the Amp is around 11 though I would still like to have comments on this limitation . Regarding the other recommendations , can anyone comment on this ? Are all these standard recomendations. Because the type of sound that I like never comes with these settings . The type of sound that I like involves tweaking the Equaliser but as a recommendation the Equaliser has to be kept at "0".
    Others please feedback.