1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
    @viny: bhai very true...but the timing also has to match....see i want to buy a macbook pro,but nobody from the us is coming in near future so how do i buy...and what about the warranty????
    kindly suggest me a good amp for my specified speakers between 3-5k range...im planning to get it this weekend.....
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @amar: First get your speakers installed and then see if you feel something lacking. Most of us dont use even 50% of most of the high end speakers capabilities even with AMPS. Given that HU itself gives 30-50W(peak) output it should be able to meet RF compos basic power requirements given that those are 60W. If you are not satisfied, then you can try with various 2ch or 4ch amps.
  3. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
    hey viny....i already have the speakers installed in my car buddy.....the loudness is pretty much there...the only thing i want is a little more clarity..
    so i thought maybe an amp would be required...what do you say...would i get additional clarity with an amp???
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    finolex is widely used as power cables for ICE in cars. go for a 6 gauge or 4 gauge for better performance.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Italia: I could not find guage rating on those wires. All that was mentioned was 6mm :(
    Will visit once again to have more details.

@amar: Did you played around with equalizers? When you say you are missing clarity do you mean the highs are very bright or does bass over takes the sound. Try to play around with HU settings first. Yes good amps does help you to get better sound stage when associated with relevant speakers.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    comparision

Which is better Kicker Coxial KS series or MTX Road thunder coxial both with 65W rms.also kindly give view on Morel coxials. Am being told that Morel speakers handle power pretty well than other brands compos.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. vivekpunto

vivekpunto

jammu
    hi all..
    i got my punto just a week ago..i must say its an awesome car..
    after listening to music i didnt felt thump ..so i am deciding to do ICING..

i am very fond of listening music at loud vol..wid good bass..so wat i need is.. sound clarity n good thump ..

i decided to not to change any speakers.. i will go for rear parcel tray..
    now suggest me.. wich speakers,sub n amp shud i choose....

thx in advance :)
  9. i dont think u should go for the rear speakers on the parcel tray...instead get speaker enclosures,,,,n i guess u should opt for jbl or rockford,,i know these both coz i wsed them n they r really good,,,wont drain ur pockets too...so the rest is for u to discover