1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
    hi guys
    i got a new set of speakers installed....
    front: rf p1652-s(comps)
    rear: rf r1653(coaxial)
    this is without an amp....now if i get an amp will it void my warranty and blue-me function as i dont want to lose it...
    the sound produced by them is good but i need a little more clarity.....hence was thinking of getting an amp....(without voiding the warranty and losing blue and me)
    guys plz help....
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Nopes your warranty would not get void if you get a good installer who does entire installation without cutting out any default wires.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

You'll not loose the warranty if wires aren't chopped. Some installers are very well aware of this and you could possibly use clips to get the supply out from speaker wires. Choose an amp which has speaker level inputs and also Remote on sensing facility. You wouldn't loose the blue and me facility if done properly as discussed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Mods can you edit Johnny's first post and some FAQ's about loosing warranty, blue & me etc. I can contribute pictures of my install to help people.

We've had so many redundant questions.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey Amar:

How much did the RF 1652-S and 1653 cost you. i was also thinking to try rockfords this time.
    go ahead and put an amp. dont run them off the HU. you are juicing out the internal amp of hu which will heat and can cause damage,

ask your installer to put a line out converter which can be put without cutting any wire.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    viny - you have become an EBAY master now ... lol... looking at the specs of 1652 i am not finding them too gr8
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Lolz :)
    Ebay can be one good shopping place, be at right time and you can have some great purchases :) Like we had THA555 PNP :D

RF 1652S is VFM components, its not to great, but its also not to bad.
  9. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
    hey thanks viny and teky :up :up

@italia-linea:my front components are punch 1652-s and not prime....they cost me rs 9200....the rear ones are prime full range 1653 coaxial...they cost me rs 2800
    @viny :the price at ebay is not for indian shipping...try searching at ebay.in and ull know the exact price.....if they ship u at that price the entire purpose of import duty becomes void.
    even the THA555 PNP would cost u rs 11-12k if shipped to india and not rs 5-6k as specified in dollar terms on ebay.com
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

@amar_oct19: It costs what i have quoted if you can get it shipped to someone in US, who can bring it along with. Checkout the Blaupunkt THA 555 Pnp thread to see how TFIans have saved money by buying it out in US. And many of them got it shipped to India for around 8K :) (includes customs+shipping)

When the world has turn into global village, then why not shop out globally and save with the help of "Appne Gao ka padosi/dost" :D

Anyway, RF Punch P1652S is available at Rs 3950 approx
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... vi-content :)

Any idea about hows finolex 6mm wire, is it good for battery power connection to amplifier? Saw it today at car audio accesories shop, when asked for guage he had no clue :hit , all i could read on wire was finolex 6mm. He says its fire proof, heat proof blah blah..and have been using it in all the cars.