1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mods Note - Post Deleted.
  2. Mods Note - Post Deleted.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

JBL GTO 608c costs 4500/- in chandigarh. You should bargain on the price
    You could get Infinity compos and many other brands @ 6000/-
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Okie.. Lemme search it out here a little...
    Thanks for the tip
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Need Advise on Audio system for 90 HP

Hello all,

This is Sreejesh and i am planning to book a Fiat Punto 90 HP this week. I have started liking almost everything about this Machine though some doubts still emerge.
    this is mostly about the audio system

I intend to upgrade the stock audio system to accommodate new speakers + Amplifier + Woofer.

When i had a word about this to the dealer he was of the opinion that he can get it done for me before delivery however i will have to go by what he offers (blaupunk or JVC Amps). Which i will have to purchase from them On MRP.

I gave the option of getting the parts from wherever and if the dealer can install it for me and the answer was a straight no.

I was also informed about the ramifications of getting this done from outside it has the potential to break my service warranty with FIAT.

I do have the following questions which are unanswered

1) Is it possible to have a amp and woofer with good speakers on 90 HP
    2)What affect will it have on the performance of the car? (with regards to battery life or whatever)
    3) Will going for such an upgrade affect the Blue&Me feature?
    4) Is the head unit on Punto worth it to go for such an upgrade?
    5) If the answer to all the above questions indicate a "go ahead and get it done from outside". Does any one know of any good and professional person who can get these done with a neat job in and around Mumbai at a reasonable rate and this not affecting my Warranty of the Car?

6) What is damping?

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please post all ICE query here.
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sreejesh,

Many of your queries will be clarified if you go through my first post in this thread.

Few additional clarifications:-

(a) Getting the mod done outside by a good installer will not void your warranty, in case no wires are cut. The installer will have to be careful about this.

(b) Fitment of new speakers will not have any impact on the battery etc. Fitment of an amp & sub may have a very slight impact on battery life. Make sure that the installation is done in a manner that the amp powers on and off automatically along with the ignition. Otherwise, your battery could drain out in case forget to manually switch off the amp. There have been a few forum members who had their battery drain out overnight because of this problem.

(c) When you fit more powerful speakers in the doors, there is a possibility of rattling from the doors due to various reasons. To prevent this, the installer puts a special material within the door. This is called damping. In case you are planning for an amp, damping will definitely be required on all four doors.

(d) The advantage of retaining the HU is that you retain the Blue & Me functionality even with the addition of the amp & sub - B&M is a very useful facility once you get to know its capabilities. Incidentally the HU itself is quite good.

(e) Lastly, I recommend that you do the upgrade in stages. Change just the speakers first. After that go in for the amp & sub, in case you are not happy with the outcome. Once you put in a decent set of speakers, the sound output is quite good. The damping must be done along with the speaker change.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Thanks for the reccomendations. What should be the approx budget that i should be expecting to pay for damping?

10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Damping will cost you approximately 1500/= per door.

"Dynamat Extreme" is a preferred material used for the purpose.