1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Car is not only about HU, yes it is an important part, but making statement like why Linea's HU is not as good as Dzire is not logical. If you start this logic there is no end to discussion. On similar lines, cheaper Figo has better HU, why not Maruti can provide same HU.

Finally, let us not make posts OT. This is one of the best, most informative thread on Fiat's Icing.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Completely agree Ravi :up
    + 10000000000000000

Sorry for Going :eek:fftopic

:ban ::O
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No buudy no. Nippon HU has better BASS punch as compare to Kenwood.

In Kenwood you will get realistic effect. Pre-amp of Kenwood has "Sound Image" technology which can reproduce same outout when a sound recordist records a song. Sound Recording is not just Sound Recording.

At the time of recording,Sound Recordist has to give proper justice to each & every instrument used in song.
    He has to hide the errors of musician done in original recording.
    Sound Recordist determines the place of instrument at the time of recording. Means how much preferance is to be given to the particular instruments in recording.

Please do not misunderstand that Iam singing my own song with my own mouth.
    Actually I was planning to do Sound Recording Course in my college days.

In my school days,I had Home Audio System having 5 BAND equalisers. When I used to listen songs,at the time of any special effect/good melody I used to maximise equaliser of 1 KHZ which is generally is on central position.

You might have observed when we raise the Central Equliser,mid & high frequency is maximised. At that time I wished that there could be any circuit in Audio which should automatically raise our desired frequency.

After that movie DDLJ launced with DOLBY Sound. After that I never seen back.
    Every time I saw a movie in theatre I analysed the sound output of many hindi movie songs.
    I was not going to see movie but I was going to movie to listen. ::D

Today my ears are so keen that I can catch the error of Sound Recordist also.
    Iam not a Sound Recordist.But as per knowledge collected by me from my schooldays to this date,I bet that show the output of Sony/Kenwood/Pioneer/JBL to 10 S.Recordists.
    Definatly out of 10, 6 to 7 Recordist will say output of Kenwood is better.

S/N Ratio,THD & Frequency Response are the benchmark while selecting ICE
    Sorry I think I was little bit OFF TOPIC.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Sound Quality is a objectionable issue.
    To measure Sound Quality one should have hardware like M-Audio Fast Track Pro external audio interface and analyzing software like RightMark Audio Analyzer.
    Frequency response should be as flat as possible, THD as low as possible and Stereo Crosstalk as high as possible.
    You can't measure sound quality with your ears even if you are super a human like Superman etc. Ears can't measure all of the above said qualities of a sound system.

If kenwood does so there goes it frequency response for a toss. A HU should give output which is being fed into it and not what it feels it should give.
    A true audiphile will never use a eq and want the sound to be as flat as possible. I hope you understand what I mean to say.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Vijay ,

I had saw a person who is serving in Videocon company. His duty is to listen sound quality of every new model.

Company gives him salary Rs.3 Lakh per month. Why ? Becuase he possess some intellectual quality.

You might have seen there are " Tea-Testers" in Tea company to check the quality of tea. Just like that.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Thank you for this great inside information
    Now I got to know why Videocon TV's sucks :evilsmile
    And sound of Videocon D2H sucks even more :A
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Guys please stick to topic.
    Going forward all OT post will be deleted from here.

You can continue these discussion to OT topic, as suggested by Paddleshifter.
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Digressing from the already digressed topic... :D

I finalized my comps and speakers.
    I am going for JBL GTO608 comps for front ... I am getting them at 6K (donno if this the best price)
    and Alpine SPS 600 coax for the back (costing me 3500 for a pair).
    and padding for the front doors (yet to inquire about the pricing)

Doing the ICE upgrade in phases (coz of the cash inflow problem and the wifey wants me to hold on before I put in sub woofer and amp)

2nd phase would be a 4 channel amp (JBL or Alpine)
    a Bass Tube and padding for the back doors

I took a combined quote from Bafna Motors in Pune and should cost me about 30K. 1st phase of ICE upgrade to be done in few days :D
    expecting some thumping music from those comps till I put in the amps and woofers... :)