1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vijay Khasa,

Thanks for the input. You could be right about the likely problem I had. Anyway, I have recoded over 2000 songs to 160 kbps. This is what I am using now. New music, I will try coding at 320 kbps. There is a world of difference between the two sound qualities.

Regards

Johnny
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @Johnny - AFAIK, to be mp3 compliant (i.e. to be able to put the "mp3" logo), the implementation needs to be able to decode till 320kbps as well as VBR.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The best format for the optimum and extreme performance, that works with Blue and Me is wma. Has anyone tried the .wma for ur car on Blue and Me. I ve tried and the results quite exceptional. Mp3 is good if you have a limited space. But for real quality, ill advise you guys try .wma. You'll never feel to change back to mp3.
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Hi Johnny,

gr8 to read ur post. It is indeed informative.

how is the punto going on?
  5. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    320 works fine on my blue and me....but its actually hard to understand why there would be a software limitation on 320kbps...hardware limitation (limitation of the HU's sound processor to process 320kbps) is still possible. And 320kpbs has been here since mp3s so its not something new as well.
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Axn,
    Thanks. The Punto is going great. Just finished my second service.

@Redbull, @adutt, @ansal11, @vijaykhasa
    The CD player supports MP3 over the full range. B&M, as I understand, uses Windows Media player to play songs from the USB stick. The limitations which I brought out are what is given in the B&M manual (page 50). From the inputs received from you all, the manual is not quite correct.

I am glad to get this input, because there is a world of difference in music quality between 320 & 160 kbps. Will use 320 kbps or .wma for my next round of music.

Regards

Johnny
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @Johnny - One downloaded mp3 album was not playing in Blue&Me. I ran these through mp3tag and found the album mp3s had embedded a 1072x768 jpg file as album cover art right into the mp3s. I removed the pic and now the songs are playing.
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Redbull,

That is an interesting observation. Some of my MP3s were downloaded. I have not used MP3 Tag. Will try it out. Thanks.

Regards

Johnny
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I ripped some music from my CDs @ 320 kbps, and tried playing it on B&M, and the tracks played. Cheers!!

They should amend the manual. It will take me quite a while to recreate my car music selection @ 320 kbps - will do it one of these days.

Regards

Johnny
  10. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Is an AMP needed?

Hi!

I have an active and do not have more than 20k for ICE.What i got from all the information is if i don't hear loud music or music without bass,I don't need an amplifier or a sub woofer.I listen to world music, classical, jazz or hindi songs.I detaste loud music but i definitely need clarity and serround.Now if i just install front components and rear co-axils - should that be ok or i still need an amplifier??
    I think i'll be going for
    JBL HU X555- I like the brand-The model comes with cd option but on a little higher side(about 8k) other option is x333 without cd player.
    JBL GTO Front components
    Infinity co axials

Any suggestions for a better combo?